XB241H Faulty Speaker?

kilo16
kilo16 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I picked up the XB241H today and when I powered it on via HDMI from my laptop (MSI GS70 2QE), I noticed that the audio was extremely weak. It's hard to explain but it sounded as if someone plugged in a set of headphones on the monitor and maxed out the volume, no depth, just sounds very distant.

I understand this is a monitor and only comes with 2 x 2W built-in speakers but I didn't expect this to sound worse than my phone. Some reviews that I referred to prior to the purchase mentioned that the speakers were actually pretty decent.

For the XB241H owners, is this normal, or would you say there is something wrong with the speaker? I've tried looking into the audio settings and it shows as "Acer XB241H Intel (R) Display Audio." if it means anything...

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Likely it is normal for 2W speakers to have lower volume and lower quality sound. If there is crackling or static sounds or muffled sounds, it could be a speaker issue. For that it would require service to check them and replace the speakers if necessary. If you purchased this as a new product you can contact support for assistance from the contact info at this link: http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact. 

• kilo16
    kilo16 Member Posts: 2 New User

Mary, thanks for your response.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really stop me from using my monitor as I have a separate speaker installed. There is no crackling or static like you've mentioned but everything definitely sounds muffled. I was just more or less wasn't sure if this was normal as it is my first time using a monitor with built-in speaker.

Other than that, the monitor has been performing great.