XB241H - Blue vertical line at 144Hz or above

SkavenUK
SkavenUK Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi everyone,

Wonder if someone could help me. I puchased this monitor a few days ago and just got around to setting it up. I noticed that when connected via Displayport and increasing the refresh rate above 120Hz that I get a blue vertical thin line, just off center to the right of the middle of the screen. Would my Graphics card be the cause of it? Not powerful enough etc? It's a EVGA Nvidia 1050 TI 4Gb.

Thanks,

Best Answer

• SkavenUK
    Answer ✓

After turning it on again this evening I just noticed the thin blue line even at 120Hz. I tried reducing it all the way down to 60Hz but it's still there. I tried changing my Display port cables but that didn't help so it has to be either the Gfx card or the monitor. If I plug in a HDMI cable it has no issues whatsoever and there is no blue line.

Edit: Just plugged my second XB241H in using the same cable to the computer and theres no blue line, so has to be a fault with that specific monitor. Ordered an exchange from amazon and  should be here in a few days. 

Answers

• SkavenUK
    Answer ✓

After turning it on again this evening I just noticed the thin blue line even at 120Hz. I tried reducing it all the way down to 60Hz but it's still there. I tried changing my Display port cables but that didn't help so it has to be either the Gfx card or the monitor. If I plug in a HDMI cable it has no issues whatsoever and there is no blue line.

Edit: Just plugged my second XB241H in using the same cable to the computer and theres no blue line, so has to be a fault with that specific monitor. Ordered an exchange from amazon and  should be here in a few days.