X34 A line appear at the right side suddenly. HELP!!!!

WesleyXiao
WesleyXiao Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I bought my X34 at 10/10/2016. Yesterday, A line appeared on the X34's right side suddenly.  I have tried to use difference cables, but the line is still there. Than, I connected the host to another monitor, and the line didn't appear on another monitor. 

I have contacted to the Acer service center today, but I got a answer that it is a physical damage, and this is not in the warranty. I can't believe that this is not artificia damage. After I got it, It was not damaged by any artificia damage( inculde now). 

Can someone tell me how to make the line disappear?Inked268402118879549251_LI.jpg

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

There are several basic steps to help determine if the monitor is causing a video problem you may be experiencing. After each step, determine if the video problem is still apparent.

Click link below for more information.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1760#_ga=1.7929137.263337500.1415824428

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • scotl
    scotl Member Posts: 3 New User

I have had the exact same thing happen to a Vizio TV. There is no fix for it that I ever found. It's a hardware problem.

Is Acer really not going to honor their warranty?

I'm shopping for a X34A right now (but can't find one in the USA). Lack of warranty support isn't very confidence inpsiring.

• WesleyXiao
    My problem is physical damage, acer consumer services center said, and physical demage isn't covered by warranty.
  • scotl
    scotl Member Posts: 3 New User

So they are trying to politely claim that you damaged it yourself.

I can tell you that with my TV that devloped multiple vertical lines it was mounted on the wall and nothing ever hit it. So it is possible for that to happen without the display taking any physical damage.

My TV problem happened just days after the 1 year warranty expired. That is why I'll never buy another Vizio.

The alternative to the X34 seems to be the Asus PG348Q, but Asus support doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation either.

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

We understand your frustration when a product does not work properly.

Unfortunately a Acer does not offer warranty repair on damaged monitors, we can't say how the damage happened but LCDs does not spontaneously break without force being applied.

If you would like, you can call Acer support back for warranty information on this matter.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • WesleyXiao

I just used it for 5 months. I am 100% sure that it does not get any artificial damage. This is quality problem. Anyway, I won't buy any Acer products right now.