NO SIGNAL at Display Port Predator X34A

RUDYKOT
RUDYKOT Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in Predator Monitors

I have bought Predator X34A and I tried all sollution on web that i could found, but nothing works for me....

My spec:

System WIN10 64

Monitor Acer X34

Intel Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00Ghz

MSI Z170A GAMING PRO (BIOS ver 1.E0 from 04/21/2017)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti at Video Bus PCIe v3.0 x16 (8.0 GT/s, driver ver 22.21.13.8494 from 18-Jul-2017)

Memory 2x 8 GB PC4-17000 DDR4 SDRAM Kingston KHX2133C14d4/8G

RM Series RM850 - 850 Watt 80 PLUS

On HDMI all is Ok, but on DP, I have "no siglan" at bios, and on windows.

I tried, as I read:

- pull out power for 1 minute

- reinstalling drivers

- tried on 3 difrent cables

- waiting 10 minutes for screen

- yes I have monitor turn on DP connection

- yes cables are OK 1.2 ver

- yes i turn off the power save mode and sleep mode

- I turn power to maximum performance

can anybody help me??? PLEASE!!!!

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• Mayhem
    Mayhem Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited July 2022

Hey i had the same issue,

Put the screen inot eco power mode via the Acer screen menu options and see how you go.

It worked for me. when all else failed took about 3 weeks to find it now im running 100hz at 3440x1440 over clocked.

May sure you are using the correct display port on the back of the graphics card not the one up above that may be plugged.

Hope it works for you let me know.

• brighttail
    brighttail Member Posts: 39 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Let me know if any of this works, I have a similar issue with the x34 and using a Nvidia 970 and have to use HDMI.

• RUDYKOT

I send it to ACER service on warranty, let see what they say...

Yes, I know I can use HDMI, but I bought it for DisplayPort. HDMI is only 60Hz, DP is 100Hz.

I gonna let You know if it's work after service.

• RUDYKOT

It's back from the service. The mainboard was damaged, they change it for new one. They said that it was damaged in manufacture. Tommorow I get monitor back and we will see, but I think now gonna be ok.

• Jiacovelli
    Jiacovelli Member Posts: 2 New User
    Mayhem said:
    Put the screen inot eco power mode via the Acer screen menu options and see how you go.
    I have a KG281K, about five months old. Same problem, but the "eco" trick didn't work. It may help others to know exactly how my issue arose. I had never used the "Sleep after X time" option in Windows 10. (this is with a Radeon card, by the way). For some reason, something possessed me to have the system sleep after two hours. Bam! No DisplayPort port after the very first auto blanking. And another computer, different cables, also have no entree to the port either!

I'm waiting for a call back from second level support. First level wants me to return the monitor for examination, but I really need to have a good monitor (using HDMI in the mean time), and have asked for a "loaner" before sending back this one.

• Weev
    Weev Member Posts: 1 New User
    Mayhem said:
    I have a KG281K, about five months old. Same problem, but the "eco" trick didn't work. It may help others to know exactly how my issue arose. I had never used the "Sleep after X time" option in Windows 10. (this is with a Radeon card, by the way). For some reason, something possessed me to have the system sleep after two hours. Bam! No DisplayPort port after the very first auto blanking. And another computer, different cables, also have no entree to the port either!

I'm waiting for a call back from second level support. First level wants me to return the monitor for examination, but I really need to have a good monitor (using HDMI in the mean time), and have asked for a "loaner" before sending back this one.

Well this is mind blowing. I just had the exact same issue happen to me after doing the same thing (enable screen "sleep" from the OS instead of the screensaver) but on macOS.
    Now nothing can be done, display port is dead. Checked with another cable, still dead. Original cable works on the same monitor (I have two of them).
  • Jiacovelli
    Jiacovelli Member Posts: 2 New User
    Weev said:
    Well this is mind blowing. I just had the exact same issue happen to me after doing the same thing (enable screen "sleep" from the OS instead of the screensaver) but on macOS.
    Now nothing can be done, display port is dead. Checked with another cable, still dead. Original cable works on the same monitor (I have two of them).

On a hunch, I disconnected the power cord and let it sit overnight. Next morning, it was just fine, no more problem with the displayport. I'm guessing that the sleep command sent by Windows was either invalid, or the DP protocol implemented by Acer is invalid, one or the other. In any event, whatever switch was turned off was cleared once the firmware was restored to normal after a very cold boot.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    You can often get the same results by turning it off, disconnecting the power cable, then press and holding the power button for 60 seconds. Just turning it off doesn't actaully drop power and just pulling the plug doesn't bleed off the capacitors.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @ RUDYKOT
    Make sure that the cable is not loose. Unplug the video cable from both monitor and computer and plug it in again. Sometimes the No Signal issue occurs if the monitor is not connected to the correct video source. This generally happens if your monitor supports multiple inputs.15
    You may not be aware, but usually the DisplayPort no signal issue comes from improper connection. You have to ensure that the connector has been plugged into the port correctly and it cannot be pulled out too easily. You can unplug an re-plug the DisplayPort
  • Tokenheims
    Tokenheims Member Posts: 1 New User

Got it working again for me. Thanks! I even bought a new video card because mine was older, and showing signs of heat on the metal on back. Thanks again! I unplugged held the power, and when I plugged it back in, it started working again. (I use sleep when I'm not around)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

Great to hear that worked for you. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.