Line down the middle, overlapping image

Answers

• TwoEggs
    TwoEggs Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

Hi All,

So I still haven't had the issue again, and I've been using it tons lately also. I'm just gonna post my settings to let you guys compare and see what (if anything) is different.

2560 x 1440
    165Hz
    GSync for Windowed and Full Screen
    MSI GTX 1070
    390.77 Drivers

Not saying it's definitely not happening, but it's been 2 or 3 weeks of heavy use with not a single incident so far.
  • soupy
    soupy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Just opened up my acer XB271HU today, got it all set up, worked flawless for a few hours. I put it to sleep, came back for a little evening PUBG slaying, and BOOM, line down the middle - not a line per say but a little wrinkle in the image, kind of like a linear wormhole that just makes a few pixels disappear dead even in the center of the screen (runs vertically). I'm the saddest gamer on the block. I was happy to find this forum, but it seems that there is no legitimate fix. Everyone before me has the right of it. Drivers are up to date. Mine is still occuring on my desktop/homescreen though its harder to notice on a static image. If anyone figures anything out please let me know. Running 1080 TI, dual monitor setup using display port for the xb271HU. Gsync enabled for fullscreen and windowed.
  • TheRiker
    TheRiker Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2018
    I got the XB271HU recently in Jan 2018.  I'm not sure if this is the same issue you guys are seeing but in the middle of my screen, randomly there is some shift or overlap in the middle.  I have attached a photo of the issue.  You can see clearly where it suppose to see the word "on" looks like "cn" instead.  To recover from the issue, a pc restart or just logging off and logging back in seems to fix it.

• onebutters
    onebutters Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've had this issue from the moment I bought the monitor almost 2 years ago and that turning the monitor off and on again will temporarily fix it. Is there a more permanent solution to this? It seems ridiculous a systemic issue is going unfixed for that long on a premium product which is still on sale today.

• TwoEggs

Tinkerer

Yeah Riker, that's the same issue we've all been getting. Usually the line that's missing is put on either the left or right side of the screen. 

I still haven't had the problem I'm afraid guys. I know that's not helpful, but I've been using for at least 5 hours a day and I haven't had it for the last month or so.

165Hz, 390.77 Drivers. I can't think of anything else I would have different to any of you.
  • PredatorGAZ
    PredatorGAZ Member Posts: 5 New User
    edited February 2018
    I was going pretty well since the last driver update then yesterday i got it again in WOT. 
    As usual i just altered the refresh rate and the problem is fixed. 
    I am going to raise a ticket with acer Tomorrow so I can get a direct line to the support channel.  I know it is not critical to the experience but it is not functioning as I would expect.
  • Pepper_
    Pepper_ Member Posts: 4 New User
    I'm having the same problem. I have a bad feeling, regarding that this issue is not fixed since 2016.

I will probably return the monitor to amazon, and buy the asus monitor. It has the same panel, and they seem to have fixed the problem some time ago.

Feels really bad, as the monitor is just perfect in every other aspect...
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru

Hello everyone,

We would like to apologize to our community for the inconvenience caused by this issue. We have a fix for this but you all have to contact your local Acer Support organization in order to set the unit up for repair to apply the fix.

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• tikibar
    tikibar Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello everyone,

We would like to apologize to our community for the inconvenience caused by this issue. We have a fix for this but you all have to contact your local Acer Support organization in order to set the unit up for repair to apply the fix.

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

Is this problem now fixed in new displays and if so, what manufacturing date/firmware revision should you be looking for in a fixed model?

I have one of these on order and would like to get a fixed one out-of-the-box rather than having to send it in for repair.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi tikibar,

I will ask the correspondent department for this details that i don't have handy, but most than likely you will have to send the unit for repair and wont have the firmware update already installed. Do you have access to the serial number of your laptop?  

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
  • S4intDragon
    S4intDragon Member Posts: 1 New User
    What we need to mention or how to describe the problem to local Acer Support organization so they would understand us correctly. Maybe some sort of ID number or something??
    Acer-Manny
  • TwoEggs

Tinkerer

H Manny,

Thank you for finally getting in touch. I would appreciate an update once you have some more information.

I still haven't encountered the issue since early January, so I'm a bit confused as to why not if it's an issue on your end. Need to decide if I want the fix or not. 
  • lightsy
    lightsy Member Posts: 2 New User
    My 240hz XB272 has all of these same issues, and I can't even get into the firmware menu on mine! :( 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired

Hi tikibar,

Just following up with your question, the Firmware release date for this fix is 06/22/2016 but unfortunately we don’t have control of the store’s stock, units manufactured before this date may need to be sent for repair to fix the issue. 

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• TwoEggs

Tinkerer

Hi Acer-Manny

If that's the release date of the Firmware to fix this issue, why are most of us having this issue on newer versions? 

As a few of us stated on earlier posts, our firmware is version 20170116 (unless this isn't a version date which seems unlikely).

Thanks for looking into this, I appreciate the update.  
  • Sarronco
    Sarronco Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have this same issue, FW version is: 20160920_1_2678_15, is this a firmware issue or it needs to be repaired? 
  • Drakuf
    Drakuf Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

I have this same issue aswell PLUS my taskbar burnt into my panel yet Acer doesn't want to change or repair it. Good job guys, good job! :)
  • Lillyann
    Lillyann Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited March 2018
    I bought this monitor in feb 2018 and still have the overlapping image/line down the middle issue
    firmware version 20170116_0_2963_14
    wondering if @Acer-Manny can shed some light with this problem
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi TwoEggsSarronco and Lillyann,

Can i please have the serial number of your monitors via PM so i can follow up?

Thanks for your patience,
    Acer-Manny
  • Arete
    Arete Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

@Acer-Manny : I have the same issue, also on 20170116_0_2963_14. 
This discussion has been closed.