Input switch on the XB271HU

Schwerbelastung
Schwerbelastung Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives

Hi,

I own two awesome Acer monitors, the XB271HU and the K272HULE. Both are very nice 1440p monitors, but there's one thing that bothers me.

I switch the inputs on both monitors a lot, since I have 2 computers attached to them. On the K272HULE, it's enough to press the input key once, and the input is changed. However, on the more expensive XB271HU, I need to press the input key, manually press another hardware key to change the input from the list of 2 available inputs, and then confirm the selection with a third hardware key. Since both are high quality 1440p monitors by the same company, this unnecessary difference is quite hard to understand.

Now, this may not sound like a big deal, but especially when done many times a day, every day, it really seems quite unnecessary. Is there any way I could adjust my XB271HU to work like my other Acer monitor, so that I just need to press one button to change the input? If not, could it be possible for you guys to include this feature in a future firmware patch or something?

Thanks!

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Schwerbelastung,

Please check this article for possible menu settings changes for the input.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41872/~/change-settings-on-acer-predator-monitor

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Schwerbelastung

Hi Acer-Karp,

Thanks for your answer! Of course, if you read the problem description in my first E-mail, the link you provided unfortunately does not address my question in any way even if it deals with the same topic (monitor buttons).

I do not have difficulties changing the settings of my monitor, I am just asking if the behavior of the input button on my Acer Predator could in any way be the same as on my other Acer monitor because it seems to be much better designed in my other Acer monitor than on the Predator.

• crazydave48
    crazydave48 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello Schwerbelastung!

Did you ever figure out an easier weay to change the input? Like you, I change the input several times a day and its really a hassle as this monitor. You need to:

1. Press any button to make the menu pop up

2. Hit the 4th key to select "input"

3.Hit the 3rd button to select the rotating input name menu

4. Hit the 4th or 5th button several times until your desired input is selected

5. Hit the 3rd button to select and apply the input change

It shouldn't take 5(+) DIFFERENT button presses to change the input. You should simply be able to hit a single input button multiple times to rotate though the monitor's input. I think its even hard to find the button in the dark so I have to use my phone as a light or turn on the lights to do it. Its pretty ridicuous. 

It takes roughly 30 seconds to change the input on this monitor, but when its someone you do several times a day, and it can be done in 3 seconds on other monitors, its just kinda crazy.

• crazydave48
    crazydave48 Member Posts: 2 New User

After digging through the menus, I THOUGHT I found a solution to our problem. There are shotcut keys you can assign called "hot keys" and I figured that is just what we were looking for. But nope! What does the hotkey do? It Places ANOTHER input button right next to the original one, that behaves the exact same way lol. Abolutely zero thought was put into the ways these menus were designed.

menu.jpg

• Schwerbelastung

I never figured out an easier way for this, no. It's still very frustrating to me, and it's a shame that no one at Acer ever addressed the actual problem, even after I mentioned that their proposed solution did not address the issue at all.

I wish you patience with your monitor.. Smiley Happy

• AdyB
    AdyB Member Posts: 1 New User
    It's such an old post it hardly seems worth commenting.. but for those like me who are still looking for a solution.. Short answer is there's no easy way to do it on the monitor.  It's UX is *****.  However, there is an easy workaround.  Get a cheap manual/mechanical DisplayPort switch. Plug your two video sources into that, then a single cable into the monitor.  Then you can just use the switch to rapidly switch between sources and forget about doing it on the monitor.
  • Hebininja
    Hebininja Member Posts: 1 New User