HELP!!!! Acer Predator XB281HK 28 inch Gaming Monitor

RunStunNGun
RunStunNGun Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
So recently the Xbox One X was shown at Microsoft press briefing, obviously the console will output true 4k and obviously the console is built for the living rooms and for a 4k Tv. But I want to buy a Acer Predator Monitor I.e the monitor in the post title. Looking at the ports on the back of the One X it doesn't support Display Port. But it does how ever support HDMI 2.0b and from what I understand HDMI 2.0b supports 4k 60fps i know the standard (for your vanilla xbox and ps4) hdmi 1.4 doesnt support 4k. What o want to know is will a HDMI 2.0b work in the back of this monitor? And actually output 4k 60fps? I know it does through the display. Anyway thanks in advance

Smiley Happy

Answers

• S3TH
    S3TH Member Posts: 1 New User

Xbox Employee thinks it will work perfect with the xbox one x I am currently using it for my xbox one s and it is running perfectly

• avioni
    avioni Member Posts: 3 New User

no it will not. sadly the hdmi on the monitor is 1.4. so 30hz top and no uhdblueray

• RunStunNGun
    RunStunNGun Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for the reply. What monitor would you recommend with a low 1ms response?
  • avioni
    avioni Member Posts: 3 New User

that is a hardone. since you need it to work flawlessly on a console system with hdmi 2.0 then i think you need to look elsewhere from acer.  not 100% sure but i think they dont have any with hdmi 2.0. maybe the upcoming 27" 4k@144hz will have hdmi 2.0... it should right? but then again so should the xb281hk and most of the XB line and they dont. 

i think maybe samsung, LG or others. you would need to take some time and look at the specs of a lot of monitors until you find what you need.

• Member Posts: 2 New User
    Do you guys know if they adapter will fix this issue? 

4K x 2K HDMI to DisplayPort Converter Adapter with USB Power for HDMI equipped systems to connect to DisplayPort displays, Compliant with VESA Dual-Mode DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4 and HDCP...........sorry im new here so its not letting me post the link.