Acer Z35 - Acer XB240H - (or) Acer XZ271 Triple Monitor Set Up

BillUp
BillUp Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi all. 

As the title suggests I want to do a triple monitor set up for iRacing (gaming in general) and I want it based around my Acer Predator Z35 (I adore my Z35). I have a Gigabyte GTX 1080.

Now I don't want to lose the ability to run my Z35 at 144Hz refresh rate so I need 2 Acer monitors at 144Hz. The Acer XB240H and the Acer XZ271 (which I can get for £230 atm, £70 knocked off the price) both run at 144Hz.

My question is does any foresee any issues I may have running eother of these monitors flanking the Z35? All they will be doing is widening the aspect ratio, as I won't be using them as my main monitors. I know they are not the same size as the Z35 in height (and aspect ratio), but they both have adjustable stands, and my desk is big enough for me to leave the stands on, and get them both as even as possible. 

The XZ271 is FreeSync (and not G-Sync). Will this cause any issues with me running the Z35 in G-Sync? I'm guessing not as FreeSync won't be activated (recognised)?

Any tips or advice would be very much appreciated before I pull the trigger on £450 worth of monitors.

Thank you

Chris. 

Best Answer

• Kefran
    Kefran Member Posts: 4 New User
    Answer ✓
    I also have a Z35 and love it.

You will not be able to activate G-sync on the central monitor if the two side non-Gsync ones are active

I have seen set-ups with a central 21/9 screen. It looked very nice. The biggest challenge is color and brightness homogeneity over the panels when you do not use 3 identical screens. Black level differences can also look weird in night racing.

Answers

• BillUp

Wow I take it these forums are not monitored? Thanks for the help Acer lol. 

• Kefran
    Kefran Member Posts: 4 New User
    Answer ✓
    I also have a Z35 and love it.

You will not be able to activate G-sync on the central monitor if the two side non-Gsync ones are active

I have seen set-ups with a central 21/9 screen. It looked very nice. The biggest challenge is color and brightness homogeneity over the panels when you do not use 3 identical screens. Black level differences can also look weird in night racing.
  • BillUp

I didn't bother with the triple monitors in the end, as the decision was made easy for me lol. I went with the Oculus Rift. I had such a nightmare trying to decide whether to go triple or not once I got my Z35, but I am so pleased I went the Virtual Reality route. iRacing is just so much more fun now, and my consistency has improved two fold. I absolutley love it, and for all other non VR games I have my Z35 which is crazy good also Smiley Happy