Acer Predator XB271HU Cables and Flicker

Balrama
Balrama Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi Acer Team

I am having issues with this monitor purchased a week ago but not sure if it needs to be returned.

Firstly I wish to use a longer DP cable (up to 3m) than what came with the monitor.

Problem is of the two DP cables I have tried, one of them has never managed to get a picture up on the screen at all. The other cable which I know is a 1.2 cable and fully speced does get a picture occasionally, that is when there is not constant flicker and  a black screen. The OSD also shows no signal when there is black screen

Default when I boot is 144hz refresh rate with G-Sync. All Windows and Nvidia settings are correct. These cables also never show the Predator logo screen on boot, which is prior to Windows loading at all.

Is there a brand of cable that can be recommened? Is this the problem? For the second cable I made a point of gettign a good one.

So the only cable I can use is the one that came with the monitor, but even this gets black OSD No Signal and flickering screens

after turning on the machine, after trying the other cables. Then after a while it has a stable picture say 2-3 minutes

So what is the problem here, the Cables, GPU or Screen?

Answers