where is my HDD caddy

felipesolis
felipesolis Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

hello, i got the acer predator 300 helios on the us and bringed it to my country, chile, southamerica, but the thing is that when i wanted to install the 2tb seagate disk that comes with it on amazon the HDD caddy wasn't there

what can i do? it is supposed to still have a warranty, its been only one month, please help.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Laptops/Predator-Helios-300-Missing-HDD-caddy-and-SATA-cable/m-p/521115#M6543

Every question regarding missing hdd caddy, sata cable and screws can be found in the thread linked above.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• OBhamji
    OBhamji Member Posts: 4 New User
    Page not found :(
  • Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru

Hi all,

If your location is in another region than US or Canada, would need to contact your local technical support to inquire about ordering these parts in your country. If an physical address in the US or Canada can be provided, we will ship the parts to that address and they would then be responsible for mailing the parts to your current location, at your expense. 

Note: Unfortunately we do not deliver packages to freight forwarder's addresses.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

Acer-Manny