predator g5-793 cpu and hardrive spikes HELP

J8000M
J8000M Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

First and foremost thank you for reading this post,

I have had this laptop for about 4 months and since I have got it I have experienced gaming issues with mini freezes during gaming that resulted in large amounts of frustration. My cpu runs on 20-30% usage when just idling but in game, like Heroes of The Storm, Battlefield, Overwatch, CsGo while playing almost any game it runs at 60-100 wildily jumping intervals. My Hard drives are far worst I have jumping literally from 0 to 100 and everything in between while sitting in desktop while in gaming or downloading things on to the drives it peeks at 100 and tends to stay there. I have run largerly every test and workaround you can think of TuneHDpro, ChKdsk, with no errors, disabled superfetch, made sure both my gpu and regular laptop settings were set for max prefromance, made a regsitry edit for clearfilepage, scaned the laptop with multiple different virus scan softwares malewarebytes, windows defender, webroot with no results. I have done all of this before I did a factory reset and after it as the problem contiues.

I am really at a loss as to what to do. Please Help. Thank You.

Answers