preadator helios 300 keyboard issue

aks895
aks895 Member Posts: 38 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

The windows key on the keyboard doesnt seem to be working.

The backlight gets enable on pressing that key but start menu doesnt open.

I googled about rempping the keys on the keyboard and found a software Sharpkeys.

In this software on pressing the windows key on the keyboard, it displays it as 'media play pause E_022', which is also the case with the button on the right of the 'Alt Gr' key. 

Now coming the actual play pause button which is the second function of the 'Home' key on the keyboard that too has the exact signature of E_022, now when I remapped the bugged windows key to work as a real windows key using sharpkeys software, all the above buttons are now opening start menu on pressing them. 

Any one else with the same issue??

Best Answer

• aks895
    Answer ✓

I think i found the solution, in the predator sense application click on the settings wheel, in it there is option to enable the windows key and application key.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

I have seen a similar issue with a Predator 17 laptop(not helios) but with different keys. Send your laptop back and get a new one. It sounds more like a hardware issue than a software.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• aks895
    I think I can live with that problem, actually I just updated the bios to 1.09 and as soon as the laptop restarted and I logged into windows that key was working for a while then it again changed back to media key.
    I have now permanently reconfigured it using sharpkeys and works perfect.
    Any ways will use mechanical keyboard while gaming so I can live with that.
  • aks895
    Answer ✓

I think i found the solution, in the predator sense application click on the settings wheel, in it there is option to enable the windows key and application key.