new Predator G9-593 flickering screen

hussein92
hussein92 Member Posts: 13 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

hey every one  !! 

I have read many interesting topics about screen flickering and I would like to know if you have found a finite solution, I have the same problem and I cannot send my laptop to service weill I bought from USA and now I am in Europe.

I remain in hope to get a solution from you.
it happens more often and even if the computer is  plugged in  and also if brightnessis 100% 

thank you very much 

Answers

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

You should have an international traveler's warranty if you live in the US and are just visisting Europe I would look into that. The screen flickering I've heard of and the only fix was to send it back for another. Would it be possible to post a video so we can see how bad it is.

• hussein92

By full brightniss 100% THE ISSU DOES gone !!

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    It is probably an issue with regulating the brightness as G9-593 uses PWM to regulate the brightness. At 100% there is no filckering, because no PWM. So I suspect that it comes from this.

You should get your laptop fixed by Acer.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• hussein92

is it a hardware issue ? can i dont fix it ? i dont no if i can send the laptop to acer because i bought it from USA (microcenter) and now i live in Austria !!

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Yes it is a hardware issue. Contact Acer and request a repair. I think the International Travellers Warranty might cover this.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!