helios 300 G3-571 heating

Hypocrisy
Hypocrisy Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello!

Bought from amazon this lap top.. started to play Ark Survival looks great at epic settings, preadator sense working auto/max t goes till 89 for CPU.. CoolBust is on, tried to play at epic and low graphics... above f1, f2, f3, f4, f5, f6.... its soo hot that i cannot keep my finger longer for 5 sec. key W also getting warm... i had Asus Rog for 1.3k with 1 fan and worse graphic card and at low settings my lap top was warm but not like that... 

Is it broken ?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    How much is your room temperature? It isn't abnormal for laptop's surface to get hot. 89C on the CPU means your laptop isn't overheating and not throttling. The surface may get a bit cooler if you undervolt the CPU(doesn't drop performance) with XTU or Throttlestop. Start by reducing the voltage by -100mV and then keep adding -5mV until your system crashes. You should have a game running in the background while you undervolt. When the system crushes, you just reboot the laptop and set the voltage to last one the system was stable on.

There are hundreds of videos in YT explaining and showing how to undervolt a CPU.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Second the undervolt, also make sure there is enough airflow around the laptop especially the back where the heat vents out you need a decent amount of space.

• Hypocrisy

I did undervolt for -100.. its really helps for t* in game but f6, f7, f8 buttons and above them superhot... like in hell... cannot keep my fingers.. laptop in a room with air ccond. on table or on my knees. all time when playing Ark its super hot dunno what to do =(

• Flx

Hypocrisy wrote:

I did undervolt for -100.. its really helps for t* in game but f6, f7, f8 buttons and above them superhot... like in hell... cannot keep my fingers.. laptop in a room with air ccond. on table or on my knees. all time when playing Ark its super hot dunno what to do =(

Yea that spot you're talking about f6 f7 f8 is right where the fans are and exhaust all the heat so that's why it gets so hot there. I would advise against resting the laptop on your knees/legs you really should put it on a flat solid surface with all the vents/exhaust clear so it can exhaust the heat properly. Can you tell us your max and average temps while playing?

• Hypocrisy

so maybe i should buy cooler system for lap top? right now is 5300rpm cpu 48% 78 (max 86) gpu 78% 74 (max 81).

• Flx

Those temps are normal, maybe the keyboard just gets hotter than you're used to. A laptop cooler could help, depending on the fan setup. You really want to find one that can 'compliment' your laptops heating system (so blowing air up onto the laptop instead of pulling the air down) each cooler is different and can have different directions of airflow. I would also try and drop that undervolt a little say -0.110 or -0.120.

• Hypocrisy

i know temperatures are normal. but its not normal that i have so warm above f4-f9 keys..  max i can hold my fingers is 4sec after im just taking out my finger coz it burns..  under laptop is cold.. i tried even not keeping my laptop on my knees but put on a solid table or keeping by hands (in the air).  i had 3 gaming lap tops and sometimes it was hot... but not like that.. especially expensive one and new ))

• Flx

Yeah I understand definitely. Try dropping the undervolt a little and make sure the rear has enough room to exhaust the heat properly.

• Hypocrisy

Do u know what is located right there? also i have weird Beeb signal when connect or disconnect my ac from laptop... sounds like system sound. It should be like that? maybe i need some battery drivers? ))

• Flx

Yes you can see here (https://i0.wp.com/laptopmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_20170622_174432.jpg?resize=680%2C383) all 3 heatpipes and both of the fans sit right in that area to expel the hot air. And yea the beeping is normal when you unplug and plug it in.

• aks895
    aks895 Member Posts: 38 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Beep is the sound from your laptops speakers. The beep can be increased in volume the same way you change volume