What is everyone using to haul around their 17 inch Predators?

cxtkrs1
cxtkrs1 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I own a Acer Predator 17 G9-793-741K and obviously these laptops are quite large physically even when being compared to most other brands. I have been looking for a backpack that I can use to safely stow my computer in while I'm on trips..so naturally the Predator backpack seemed like the perfect choice. My question is are these backpacks actually designed for our laptops? A silly question I know but the fit seems awful tight and the soft matte black texture finish on these laptops is incredibly easy to scratch. I'm using the pocket closest to the load straps you place your arms through as that seems like the largest one but the fit again is ridiculously snug. I was wondering what other backpacks is everyone is using? I like the Razer Tactical Pro but some of the reviews are claiming that Alienware and certain Asus 17's will not fit which are roughly the same size as our Predators.

Answers

• WinterGale
    WinterGale Member Posts: 24 Networker

I use a 5.11 Rush 48 to carry a Predator 15, I reckon the Rush 72 will fill the 17 nicely. As for the free Predator backpacks that came with the purchase, yes, they were meant to safely carry these huge gaming laptops although I personally don't use them not because they don't fit the purpose but simply because I'm not a big fan of the design.

• Dariusdd
    Dariusdd Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter

I am using an ASUS ROG Shuttle v2 for my G5-793, it fits nice and the backpack itself is pretty solid. And for a ROG product, it isn't flashy with only a small emblem on it.

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Dariusdd wrote:

I am using an ASUS ROG Shuttle v2 for my G5-793, it fits nice and the backpack itself is pretty solid. And for a ROG product, it isn't flashy with only a small emblem on it.

This one looks cool might have to check it out

• Judge_Dredd_3D
    Judge_Dredd_3D Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Hi there, I have been using the Everki Titian for years now and it as served me pretty well hauling big bulky Gaming Laptops(MSI/ASUS/ACER), currently I have the G9-793, I can carry it and my working PC (HP Elite Book 15") cables and chargers with out any issue, you should check it out!

PS, it's a little pricey but worth it, oh! did I mentioned it's TSA frendly Smiley Very Happy

https://www.amazon.com/Everki-Checkpoint-Friendly-18-4-Inch-EKP120/dp/B005LMWP78/

• angomy
    angomy Member Posts: 48 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Second the Everki Titan.  Expensive but well built with a fantastic warranty.  Basically I went through 3 other bags before realizing I should just invest in a large backpack that will fit any behemoth 17-inch gaming laptop that I buy in the future.  AFAIK it's one of the few backpacks that will fit most of the 17.3"-18.4" gaming laptops on the market.

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Wow the Everki looks like quite the backpack. Thanks for sharing that

• cxtkrs1
    cxtkrs1 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I guess at one point this backpack was free? https://store.acer.com/en-us/accessories/gaming-options/predator-gaming-utility-backpack

I ordered one from Amazon and it arrived with mild damage (scratched buttons) so I will be sending it back. It doesn't look bad but at the same time it does not look new either and for the money (I consider this a lot for a backpack) I expect something nice. I wanna say thanks to everyone who recommended the Everki Titan (EKP120) as it looks to be the better option seeing that it is taller and wider than both the Razer and the Acer. The Titan does not (at least by photos) look as rigid nor as thick when compared to the Acer model so the laptop might be a little more vulnerable to shock but for what I will be using it for this back should never suffer any kind of significant impact. 

• WinterGale
    WinterGale Member Posts: 24 Networker

[I guess at one point this backpack was free? https://store.acer.com/en-us/accessories/gaming-options/predator-gaming-utility-backpack]

Yeah, this backpack came free with my purchase of a Predator 15. I wasn't aware that this was just a limited time offer.

By the way, is the Titan Everki waterproof or rainproof?

• Judge_Dredd_3D
    Judge_Dredd_3D Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

It comes with a Water-Resistant Weather cover
  • Jozac05
    Jozac05 Member Posts: 42 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    I've been using the Alienware 17.3 Vindicator Version 2 backpack and Alienware 17.3 inches laptop sleeve for my Acer Predator 17 g9. 

• Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    I'm using the Predator backpack I got free with the notebook, trick with the Predator 17's tight fit is to put the computer into a thin slip case or even a plastic bag.  It's not so much the fit more the grippy nature of the soft touch coating applied to the notebook.

I work globally so travel is a significant factor and so far Acer's bag has well protected the computer across multiple international flights, ferries, etc. no inclination to replace it :)

Q-6
  • Granite1
    Granite1 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I hauled around my HP DV7T 17" laptop around with a 1st gen Alienware backpack. It's 6 years old and still rocking it!!

I just got a new G9-793 so I'll probably get a new bag. Thats the next research project and purchase. The Titan looks bad *****, but at $160 I'd wake up dead once my wife found out!! lol