Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wi-Fi

burakselcuk
burakselcuk Member Posts: 8 New User
edited October 2017 in Predator Laptops

Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter is suddenly shutdowning itself, and when open it again, dosent find my networks. In picture you can see what i am saying. It finds strange networks(maybe different frequencıes), I changed power settings, i updated drivers and bios. Even i ordered a replacement Acer hellios 300. It is same, should i change some settings ? 

d14986cd85909dc4cce1edee2a11d903.jpg

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You can update BIOS if you haven't done so yet. Also you can re-install(uninstall, restart system and install again) the LAN(wireless) driver. If these don't help then maybe the laptop is compatible with the router.

Can you try to see, when you turn on the wifi hotspot of your smartphone, whether it will find it?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• burakselcuk
    burakselcuk Member Posts: 8 New User

I updated drivers and bios, maybe you right about compatible but sometimes it works, sometimes dosent. I am living in dormitory my roomate can use his notebook with same network all time.

Yes when i turn on wifi hotspot, it can find.

• dark2012
    dark2012 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Have problems with Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wi-Fi too. Drops ping by playing via wifi (lan works good) Can anybody help with newest drivers? looks like better buy an intel wifi card=/ qualcomm not a good=/
  • ChrisLimeyfock
    ChrisLimeyfock Member Posts: 1 New User

Me too QCA61x4A has difficult detecting 5ghz home WiFi signal but not when cell phones share their 5ghz. Every other device in my house connects with no problems.

• Have you tried changing to channel 36 on the router?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)