Predator Helios 300

Jeremy7792
Jeremy7792 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi just signed in as a new member and already have a question. i just made a recovery backup on a USB flashdrive, and just wondered isn't there usually a hidden partition reserved to reinstall a factory setup.

Best Answer

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi, mine is showing a 1gb recovery partition that is hidden. You're smart to make a USB backup though in either case.

Answers

• Flx
    Answer ✓

Hi, mine is showing a 1gb recovery partition that is hidden. You're smart to make a USB backup though in either case.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

that was the old windows recovery system, on windows 10 they changed to a better way.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2015/03/16/how-windows-10-achieves-its-compact-footprint/

By the way, creating an USB flash drive recovery is always a good option.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Flx

IronFly wrote:

that was the old window recovery system, on windows 10 they change to a better way.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2015/03/16/how-windows-10-achieves-its-compact-footprint/

By the way, creating an USB flash drive recovery is always a good option.

Very interesting, thank you for the link.

• Jeremy7792

Thanks yes then i wonder why the hidden partition is there then

• Jeremy7792

Thank you for the interesting link, however still wonder why i see a hidden partition ??

• IronFly

is it visible on file explorer?

• Flx

IronFly wrote:

No through disk management in Admin tools

• IronFly

Flx wrote:

IronFly wrote:

No through disk management in Admin tools

that's ok.

• Jeremy7792

Sorry for the delay, no the hidden partition does not show up in file explorer only on partition management software.

• IronFly

so...it's OK. Smiley Very Happy

• Jeremy7792

Sorry for the long delay, i was out of the country on holiday. I did a complete factory reinstall and a big part of the problem was fixed. I guess somewhere along the line a driver was either deleted or corrupted, as i also manage to solve the problem of the battery that with no load only last around two and a half hours and that was only surfing the internet. The laptop was stated as lasting around seven hours in the Acer info, but even on the best savings options i can just about manage around five hours now surfing but no where near the seven hours stated. Playing a moderate game like Train fever only gives me around two hours, so i wonder where this seven hours that Acer stated comes from. This was one of the reasons for going down the Acer route, as other makes of laptop only quoted around three to four hours of battery life.