Predator Helios 300 network crash

Panchobi
Panchobi Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

So I recently have gotten the predator 300 and tried connecting to a hitron router with spectrum, but it crashes the whole network, preventing all devices from connecting to the router. Turning the router off then on just restarts the signal. I also tried uninstalling and updating the wifi adapter on the laptop, but it still crashes the router. Is there something wrong with the laptop or router?

Answers

• Jay_Kay
    Jay_Kay Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same issue, and the way i solved the issue for now is by rolling back the driver... Seems like Acer has messed up the wifi driver with the latest update.

• HellzReap3r
    HellzReap3r Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm having the exact same thing happening. My new Predator Helios 300 keeps crashing the network since day one. I just go it this Tuesday (6/20/17) and so far have been having so much trouble. I've tried almost everything I can think of but it's annoying that it's causing this much problem right off the bat. I so far like the system but we shall see if the driver rollback helps.

• Panchobi

Ok so apparently the atheros wifi card and the hitron cgnm-2250 router in my house don't see eye to eye. I brought my laptop to a friend's place and the wifi was completely fine. I'm going to ask my isp to replace the router and see if they have any other brands.

• HellzReap3r
    HellzReap3r Member Posts: 2 New User
    I forgot to update this but yes I found out that my predator Helios is not compatible with Netgear router/modem C6300. Went to another friends house and tried there too and no problems what so ever.
  • Helios300Incomp
    Helios300Incomp Member Posts: 3 New User

Same problem here.... My router C6300 is not incompatible with the predator helios 300. Does this mean i have to buy a different laptop???

• Helios300Incomp

I have the exact same router (C6300) and experiencing the same problem... I called the Acer and they said the ONLY option is

1.) buy a new router that is compatiable with the helios 300.

2.) buy a different laptop.

I found it very weird because i got the laptop on June 21st and did not face major problems other than 5 second disconnection here and there. However, starting on June 26th or 27th the laptop would crash the entire network. I decided to get a replacement for the laptop because i thought it was defective on July 2nd and got the replacement today (July 5th). When i started the computer i experienced the same problem of network being crashed entirely from using my computer for less than 1 minitue. Does rolling back the driver help?  

• Panchobi

Seems to work for some people, but not me. I took it to another friend's place and the internet disconnects randomly whenever I connect with the helios 300. Seems like I get varying results.

• 2litros
    2litros Member Posts: 2 New User

Im having the same problem!!! did you find a solution?

• Helios300Incomp

So basically, the only solution at this point is either to return your Predator Helios 300 OR get a new router that is compatible with the Predator Helios 300. I am not sure if they would update the Wifi adapter drive some time later or even if it will solve the problem later on but right now ONLY WAY to solve it is probably rent a router from the Comcast or other internet provider.

I have tried really hard to find another solution and trust me, as a person who have returned this laptop two times to see if it was a defective product or not, the only solution is to get a different router or return this laptop and get a new one......it's sad.

• TDK1044
    TDK1044 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter

Acer should be able to give you a list of known compatible routers. Have you asked them?

• angomy
    angomy Member Posts: 48 Die Hard WiFi Icon

You might want to try turning off UPNP in your router, this was part of my issue.  I also would suggest using the manufacturer's wifi driver instead of Acer's if you're getting the problem with Acer's drivers --- I updated my Predator to the Killer drivers instead of Acer's and I haven't had a problem with any routers since.