Predator Helios 300 Missing HDD caddy and SATA cable

Options
124»

Answers

• Skelomorph
    Options
    Havoc said:
    How do I get the HDD kit if I purchased the refurbished model? I tried contacting Acer Support and got the run around with them.
    Did you try just filling out the kit request?

https://csapps.acer.com/kit-request/

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hi all,

Riezen1914 - The community is not a direct portal to technical support/customer service, we are unable to access accounts or provide support and technical information here. Since this is a peer to peer support forum, please check for responses to your post or contact Customer Support directly. If you can send me a PM with the case ID number provided when you contacted support, i can have it escalated for follow up to a customer advocacy agent. Thanks

Strider - Please fill out the form to request the kit on the following link https://csapps.acer.com/kit-request/ 

Harshsinghal - You need to contact your local Acer support, the request kit link are for U.S. and Canada only.

Salute,
    Acer-Manny
  • Havoc
    Havoc Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Havoc said:
    How do I get the HDD kit if I purchased the refurbished model? I tried contacting Acer Support and got the run around with them.
    Did you try just filling out the kit request?

https://csapps.acer.com/kit-request/

Skelo

Yes I did, they just sent me an email saying that I am going to have to buy it cause I have purchased refurbished model :/
  • Rustman69
    Rustman69 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I got the same problem here in South Africa. After getting in contact with the local Acer support, they told me (after a few days) to get in contact with their retailer which is spl.co.za
    After getting in contact with this guys it took 2 weeks to figure out the part numbers, because the retailer itself was not aware of such a problem, then they told me the following:

"ACER PREDA G3-571
    50.Q28N2.004 CABLE.HDD R125.00excl no stock ETA: 4 - 6 weeks
    33.Q28N2.001 BRACKET.HDD R150.00excl no stock ETA: 4 - 6 weeks

Please see can you supply the below details so I can create a pro-forma invoice for payment

Name & surname:
    Company name:
    Physical address
    Cell & landline no:
    Vat no:"

So maybe some here in the forum can use the part numbers for getting a little bit quicker further in the process and it's NOT free! And seems like there is no part number for the kit, so you have to buy everything seperate!

All over it's really annoying to load such an obvious Acer mistake on the customer, it's not only that you have to pay for something again what should be already in the product it self, the worst thing is the massive time you have to invest which can be from receiving the product to installing the 2nd drive up to 3 months! 
    That's unacceptable, if I would have known this issue before I wouldn't have bought the product and with paying again for components which I paid already with the product is a no go. 
    Sry Acer, thats the last product I bought from you.

BR,
    really angry customer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Rustman69,

Unfortunately no one here on the community can use the part numbers and expedite the process as we are not a direct tech support portal, the community is a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Sorry, but we cannot assist with your issue through community forums. You will have to follow up directly with your local Acer support.

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

Thank you for your interest and participation in the Acer Community Forums.

Acer-Manny

• Silentstability
    Silentstability Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Recently bought predator helo from amazon missing bracket and cable. Please help!
  • Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Recently bought predator helo from amazon missing bracket and cable. Please help!
    You need to submit a kit request cia https://csapps.acer.com/kit-request/.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • Rakehurst
    Rakehurst Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I've recently purchased this laptop (from UK, the seller on Amazon was a US company I've since found out), and basically I'm screwed. Can't get the parts from Acer, the seller isn't responding to my emails, and I've had a look on Amazon / ebay for if I could just buy the parts but nope, not on there either, so I'm really at a loss here. 

Anyone got any ideas how to get my hands on the caddy and cable otherwise? Really not impressed that these parts weren't included. Wouldn't have bought this laptop if I knew I couldn't install a second hard drive.

Not a happy customer! 
  • Hank_the_Cowdog
    Hank_the_Cowdog Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, I too am having this problem. I have neither the sata connector or the ssd housing. This is extremely disappointing to have a brand new ssd just sitting on my desk because my box said that this computer was capable of adding a second one. Fraud much? Who should I PM to have this cable sent to me?