Predator Helios 300 G3-571 randomly crashing on battery power

Options
2»

Answers

• ramaravind
    ramaravind Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi all,

Have a new Helios Predator G3-571 that is randomly crashing whilst on battery power, even when the battery is nearly full, i.e. 70%+, with just light use such as web browsing. This issue does not occur whilst plugged in, only when on battery power.

The BIOS has been updated to the latest one: 1.08, as well as the VGA updated via the Nvidea website latest driver.

Could this be caused by an update? Or would this be a hardware issue?

I have already tried the reset of the battery via the 5 second holding of the pin in the battery pinhole on the back of the laptop, as well as reseting the BIOS setting to default - both suggested by the Acer chat help-line.

I really don't want to have to send this back for repairs...

Even i have the same problem,i purchased it recently from Flipkart,i have been using it for two days, this problem occurred for me 3 times.
    Right now i was in confusion either to send this to Flipkart for replacement or to complain in acer website.please reply me soon i was running out of time for replacement 
  • ramaravind
    ramaravind Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Even i have the same problem,i purchased it recently from Flipkart,i have been using it for two days, this problem occurred for me 3 times.
    Right now i was in confusion either to send this to Flipkart for replacement or to complain in acer website.please reply me soon i was running out of time for replacement
  • icecool
    icecool Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Thanks for the reply IronFly.

However the Acer help chat suggested a 3rd opton to try: the operator suggested that I open the back of the laptop  up and disconnect the main battery for 10+ minutes. I specifically asked them whether this would void my warranty, which they said it wouldn't as long as I did not damage anything... :/

I successfully did this, with a fair bit of trepidation, and whilst I had the battery disconnected I also did the battery reset via the button where the pin hole would have been. Don't know if that affected it at all, however I have now gone through 2 full battery recharge power ups to 100% and then discharging via battery mode to low battery -10% without a sudden crash at this time (*touch wood* Smiley Happy)

Hi bro, i having same problem after buying it from flipkart it started on the very first day, it hasnt stopped after i did a button reset, just tell me if u are still having problem after opening and plz tell me how u did it without damaging.
  • narendra_f1
    narendra_f1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I had encountered this problem just now,(only once ,just listening to music at that time ) need to find a permanent solution for this.please reply if any one solved it.my laptop is just 5 days old.
  • predatorbeast
    predatorbeast Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hi all,

Have a new Helios Predator G3-571 that is randomly crashing whilst on battery power, even when the battery is nearly full, i.e. 70%+, with just light use such as web browsing. This issue does not occur whilst plugged in, only when on battery power.

The BIOS has been updated to the latest one: 1.08, as well as the VGA updated via the Nvidea website latest driver.

I have already tried the reset of the battery via the 5 second holding of the pin in the battery pinhole on the back of the laptop, as well as reseting the BIOS setting to default - both suggested by the Acer chat help-line.

just update ur bios it helped me....... did was the same prblm I was facing but after updtating it wrks fyn....
  • predatorbeast
    predatorbeast Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I had encountered this problem just now,(only once ,just listening to music at that time ) need to find a permanent solution for this.please reply if any one solved it.my laptop is just 5 days old.
    jst update ur BIOS nd it will strt wrking fyn............ this was d same issue i was facing on d frst day of my purchase....... den i updated my drivers nd d issue got resolved.....

• narendra_f1
    narendra_f1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    jst update ur BIOS nd it will strt wrking fyn............ this was d same issue i was facing on d frst day of my purchase....... den i updated my drivers nd d issue got resolved.....

It happened again even after the latest BIOS update, this time i was working a software and the file at the time working got corrupted making all my hard work(3 days of work) useless, what a pain, please kindly resolve this problem. Its very difficult to work like this.
  • nikkkhilshinde
    nikkkhilshinde Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi all,

I was facing the same problem , sometime basic things can repair big issues so i removed RAM cleaned it with eraser and installed it .and now my laptop works just fine.but agaian after 4-5 months this problem occured ,then i did the same .and now it works just smooth.I think the problem is with the RAM slot.Acer should take note of it 
  • Nemesis456
    Nemesis456 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I had the same problem. Turned out the issue is kind of stupid all because of a switch that Acer has put in the RAM door. If the RAM door flexes especially on battery power the power gets cut automatically. If you put a piece of tape on it, it works like normal again.
  • Amiamirul23
    Amiamirul23 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Hello, my laptop is reboot unexpectedly. Sometimes it happen, sometimes it ok.It happen when gameplay, also if I turn ON OFF  plug switch it stuck and reboot. When gameplay with battery, it reboot. I saw it happened when battery is under 70‰..when 100% it ok sometime.. Please help me.. I'm soo frustrated