Predator G9-793 SSD question

Vlader
Vlader Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello, I want to buy another SSD for my Acer Predator 17 G9-793 to install it on the back of the laptop in the empty place for the SSD. Question is what type of SSD can I install there ? I don't really have much knowledge about SSD so please help me if you can. Thank you

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,017 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Your laptop is equipped with two M.2 sockets:

• CON5102: SSD M.2 2280 SATA 3.0 and PCIe X4 NVMe (both supported)
    • CON5103: SSD M.2 2280 SATA 3.0

To install the 2nd SSD, you'll need these parts because both SSDs are superimposed:

Spoiler
    33.Q04N5.001SSD.BRACKET
    86.Q04N5.015SCREW.M2x3 (To fix SSD/bracket)
    86.RGV0U.002SCREW M2.5x3.5 (To fix bracket/lower cover)

LT-G9-793-2NDS

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Your laptop is equipped with two M.2 sockets:

To install the 2nd SSD, you'll need these parts because both SSDs are superimposed:

Spoiler
    33.Q04N5.001SSD.BRACKET
    86.Q04N5.015SCREW.M2x3 (To fix SSD/bracket)
    86.RGV0U.002SCREW M2.5x3.5 (To fix bracket/lower cover)

LT-G9-793-2NDS

France
  • AVJim
    AVJim Member Posts: 110 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

I have a G9-793-79PE and my understanding is this model only can have one M.2 ssd and it is sata 3...is that true or can I add a second one with this hardware?  Does anyone know?

Thanks

• laurent_14

Hi AVJim,

This is easy to check, you just have to remove the back door.

In any case and as I wrote:

So if you only have one slot, this one is CON5102.

France
  • AVJim

So you are saying the one slot will accomodate either type?  I have a sata 3 in there right now.  I don't think my model has the second slot underneath.  Is that what you are reffering to?  I think I have a 5103.

• laurent_14

So you are saying the one slot will accomodate either type?

Yes SATA 3.0 or PCIe X4 NVMe.

Your laptop is equipped with the same motherboard than these ones:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Laptops/Predator-15-seems-to-be-missing-second-SSD-slot-G9-593-72VT/m-p/500339#M3850

The first slot is always CON5102:

Image_1.png

France
  • AVJim

Oh thanks for all that excellent feedback...after opening and looking again yes!!! it has the lower nvme! thanks!

• laurent_14

Avastar.png

France
  • AdrianSD
    AdrianSD Member Posts: 9 New User

Hi guys, 

I'm having trouble installing the second ssd into my G9-793.

so, from what I read in this topic, there are two ssd m2 slots- the first one - the bottom one is nvme and the one on top (22110) is only sata 3? 

I bought a crucial mx300 (and it should be compatible) but the laptop won't boot (it remains with the Predator logo on) and I cannot enter bios. Also, I tried switching the two ssds and also tried only the new one - the same issue.

Do you have any idea what's wrong? is something related to compatibility, perhaps is the ssd broken...what should I do?

Thanks!

• azar
    azar Member Posts: 3 New User
    I am sorry that my question might be naive, but if I have one m.2 slot only, what does buying the bracket and the screws do? Can I add another slot? Or this answer is only for those who have 2 slots already? 
  • azar
    It's a Predator G9-793 and I am interested to add an m.2 Nvme SSD and move the slower SSD that I have to the other slot, but my problem was that I only found one slot. Correct me if I'm wrong, thanks in advance for your answers! 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    azar said:
    It's a Predator G9-793 and I am interested to add an m.2 Nvme SSD and move the slower SSD that I have to the other slot, but my problem was that I only found one slot. Correct me if I'm wrong, thanks in advance for your answers! 
    Hi,
    The bracket is only for the models which have second slot, as you have only a single slot in your laptop, you can only replace the slower SSD with a NVMe SSD.
  • azar
    azar said:
    Hi,
    The bracket is only for the models which have second slot, as you have only a single slot in your laptop, you can only replace the slower SSD with a NVMe SSD.
    Thank you. 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    azar said:
    azar said:
    Hi,
    Thank you. 
    You are welcome :)