Predator G9-793-78J5 | dpc latency nvidia

Eepi
Eepi Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello. i bought Predator G9-793 gtx 1070 version, and i seem have a problem with nvidia drivers causing audio dpc latency on my pc. The audio is crackling when under heavy load, example playing games. I have tried changing my power saving settings and other settings but i cannot seem to find a fix. Why do i think it's nvidia that's causing the issue? When i deleted nvidia completely from my computer there wasn't any crackling, also i have seen alot of people have the same issue on gtx 10xx cards and latency. Is there a way to fix this?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

What driver version are you using? I suggest you to try with 373.06, the later versions of the driver seem to not work correctly on laptops.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Eepi

I was using the latest one 376.33. I have the 373.06 installed now but that didn't fix the audio crackling sound.

• Daedronus
    Daedronus Member Posts: 78 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

That made me curious to check my DPC latency, and yes, it's bad, but LatencyMon tells me it's the ndis, and sure enough when I disable the killer wireless it drops to about 150us on average without any spikes.

I don't have the killer suit installed but windows claims I have the latest driver for the wireless adapter.

Driver date: 8/30/2016

Driver version: 12.0.0.279

My nvidia drivers are a bit old, 369.49

wifi-on.jpg

wifi-off.jpg

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

there a 10/15/2016 version on Killer website, but drivers version seems older; it's worth trying by the way:

http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Eepi
    I also do have a problem with killer wifi disconnecting under heavy use, usually when gaming. And computer reboot is needed for wifi to show internet connections again.