Predator G9-792-7719 memory slots

darkman088
darkman088 Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Dear community members,

I have a pretty interesting question - I've got an Acer Predator G9-792-7719 (NH.Q0QEC.002). I bought it with just 16 GB RAM, but in 2-3 months I want to expand it to the maximum 64 GB. So, I was very curious and was checking several videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVEpuZNWLxw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgqjsJhqByc

I can only see 2 memory slots under the service cover. So, I have become even more curious and I opened mine - I can really see only 2 slots. So, where are the other 2 ? I was rewinding the video, and checking it out carefully, thinking that the other 2 slots get revealed when the entire bottom cover gets removed. However, I can't see them.

Could you please kindly enlighten me ? Could anyone post photos or some memory upgrade guide how can I get this laptop up to 64 GB ? I am afraid, that I could have 16 GB soldered to the mainboard, so I could get to a max. of 48 GB only, and I want (and need!) the whole 64 GB...

Many thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

32GB model has 2x16GB modules, so you will have the additional 2 slots free.

i don't have any pics or video.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

there are 2 memory slots also on the other side of the motherboard, just under the keyboard.

no soldered ram as far as i know.

you have to remove completly the motherboard from the laptop to reach them.

• darkman088

Thanks, that's almost the same answer, that I've got from Acer on the phone.

I'd like to see a picture or a video.

Removing everything quite sucks. :-(
    I'm thinking of getting a model with 32 GB RAM, however I need to check if 2 slots are still available (that it has 2x16 GB and not 4x8 GB modules).

Any ideas regarding that ?

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

32GB model has 2x16GB modules, so you will have the additional 2 slots free.

i don't have any pics or video.

• darkman088

Yeah, this is true, I was checking a lot of e-shops and it really looks like it has 2x16 GB, so the accessible slots are free for another up to 32 GB. However it is about 350 EUR more expensive - yeah, with a lot of advantages (32 GB RAM vs. 16; 512 GB SSD vs. 256 - do you know if it's a single 512 GB module or 2x256 GB) ? and 4K vs. Full HD display).

I am talking about the model G9-791-78X0, NX.Q09EC.001

Do you know about a model with a Full HD display ? I think that 4K could bear some problems and that everything on the screen would be too small... And it will save me a few bucks, as the G9-791 will be a big jump over budget and this is quite unpleasant for me in this moment :-/

Many thanks for your fast replies and for your help!

• darkman088

I was on the phone with the shop, who sold me the G9-792-7719. They said, that the 32 GB model G9-791-78X0, has 4x8 GB RAM :-(

• IronFly

i have a G9-791-79Y3 and this has 2x16GB, so as always, Acer is messing things.

about 4K vs FHD

i know the 4K panel has a good quality panel (nearly 100% adobe gamma), the FHD (at least mine) has not the same quality but if you need to play games the 4K version will be way to hard to manage higher FPS.

• darkman088

I called Acer. They said, that they know about this model (G9-791) only as 2x 8GB.

Then I called the shop once again and asked them to verify with their supplier.

They came back, saying that it really is 2x 16GB !!! They had a wrong description !!!

So I ordered it.

I'm not buying this for games. Only Acer and MSI offer laptops with 4 memory slots,

which are upgradeable to 64 GB RAM. Everywhere else (even Alienware) after 32 GB

it's game over - no more RAM supported :-( I need a lot of RAM for VMware.

Anyway, many many thanks! Let's see what will I receive!