Predator 17 G9-793 Lagging when on battery mode

Bebeng28
Bebeng28 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I just bought a predator g9-793 when im playing and its plugged its working properly but when i unplugged the charger and its only running ot battery its started to lag. Please help.

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

This is completely normal, that the laptop doesn't work on full power while not charging. It doesn't work on maximum capacity while not charging, because the battery will be drained within minutes if otherwise. 

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    Answer ✓

This is completely normal, that the laptop doesn't work on full power while not charging. It doesn't work on maximum capacity while not charging, because the battery will be drained within minutes if otherwise. 

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Daedronus
    Daedronus Member Posts: 78 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

It's probably a power setting set to low in nvidia control pannel for when on battery.

I'm playign fine on battery untill I reach the power saving charge level on the battery, then yes, the performance drops.

And no, you can't drain a 88Wh battery in minutes, you would have to drow 800watts or something and it's just not possible.

• ven98

If the laptop draws 160W constantly then the battery will be drained for about 30minutes, which is still in minutes. While gaming 30minutes just go like that 'poof'.

If it draws 800watts(impossible), the battery will stand up to about 5-6 minutes.

When I had my GX-791 every time I unplug the charger, my fps would go down by about 45%, even when I have set the power management from nvidia control panel to high performance.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system