Predator 15 Dolby Audio Closes Itself

Arzamar
Arzamar Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello there,

I just bought the Predator 15 and im loving it. But i have a problem with Dolby Audio. I have updated all drivers and etc, dolby audio works fine but sometimes it closes itself and i need to reopen it. This situation happenes whenever i launch Discord app or launch a game. 

The app is amazing, brings awesome quality but its frustuating to activate it everytime. Any solution?

Answers

• meocon
    meocon Member Posts: 8 New User

I got the same problem when open BlueStack.

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer
    Hi, there's already one thread here and other Dolby Users might have an equal problem: http://community.acer.com/t5/2014-Archives/Dolby-Home-Theatre-v4-keeps-turning-off-by-itself/td-p/101213 http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dolby-digital-plus-keeps-turning-off-and-sound-is/b3060bbc-a577-4a29-8ba9-8bcb2dc19804?auth=1 I only realized that, because sound was not really loud any more. I can reproduce this by opening a virtual machine by Virtualbox. But I can enable it again, while running.
  • beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer

I think as we also can run Intel Display Audio Driver here, which runs as the Linux driver with an equal name only to the left side speaker, this Realtek Driver and this Dolby thing is a kind of emulation.

So my solution here is: uninstall audio driver, be sure, that there will not be an windows update driver installed in the meantime and install Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7695_W10x64 Driver runs great to all boxes and Dolby does not stop.

I also updated the intel 530 Driver.

In my 1rst post I didn't see the Doby feature, because there was no more trayicon. But it runs without any error in the background.

• Arzamar

Thought my problem is fixed, but right now, even on Twitch Dolby Audio goes off. So im gonna try your solution and see if it works

• sibu12345
    sibu12345 Member Posts: 12 New User

Mine's a 17, G9-791. I have the same problem whenever I start CSGO find a match, enter a game or when someone types something in the lobby. Funny thing is when I end CSGO it's back on. If I turn it back on while the game's still running, when end CSGO, it's off again.

Reinstalling Realtek drivers don't work for me. When I change to a Realtek driver, It manages to uninstall Dolby for me. And when I reinstall it, it comes out as this

Dolby fak.PNG

instead of this

Ddoubly.PNG

It woulda been fine if not for the fact that when I launch Dolby and try to switch between the different modes, It has no diference. 

Not sure how to solve this irritating problem whenever I play CSGO, I have to come out and enable Dolby to enable Dolby for that volume drop.

• sibu12345

Mine's a 17, G9-791. I have the same problem whenever I start CSGO find a match, enter a game or when someone types something in the lobby. Funny thing is when I end CSGO it's back on. If I turn it back on while the game's still running, when end CSGO, it's off again.

Reinstalling Realtek drivers don't work for me. When I change to a Realtek driver, It manages to uninstall Dolby for me. And when I reinstall it, it comes out as this

Dolby fak.PNG

instead of this

Ddoubly.PNG

It woulda been fine if not for the fact that when I launch Dolby and try to switch between the different modes, It has no diference. 

Not sure how to solve this irritating problem whenever I play CSGO, I have to come out and enable Dolby to enable Dolby for that volume drop.

• sibu12345

Sorry for the spam. They said there was some highlighted error and had no highlights so I tried a few times. Too bad we can't delete our replies =='

• AUD_Win7_8.1_10_6.0.1.7867 works great for me. No errors at all.

G9 791

• sibu12345

I don't mean to be a downer here but I've tried downloading the said driver from here and man. I still experience problems with dolby when I launch CSGO, or get in a call with skype. Basically anything that has to deal with recording with your microphone. 

You sure it's working fine? Everytime I manual install a driver it uninstalls Dolby for me. But somehow now, it's back to this dolby:

Ddoubly.PNG

It doesn't matter though. The most important thing is that I always have to tab to dolby to on it with those programs. And it's real irritating. I don't know how yours worked and mine didn't but there's that(Hope you ain't lying lol).

I just did as the installer asked me to, after uninstalling, restart and immediately install that AUD_Win7_8.1_10_6.0.1.7867 driver. And restart to take effect. Afterwards, I gotta download Dolby from my own files which I've saved. I've sent a message to Dolby asking for help. Hopefully they get back to me with an answer.

[inappropriate content removed]

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

I am with predator gx-791 and got the same problem. When i get a call from skype or other program that involves communicating dolby audio switches itself off. I think it is a bug in dolby audio and they will probably update it when they get aware of that.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

I think it is best to contact support because in our case dolby audio can't be reinstalled for the simple reason as it is manually customised by acer for our predators in order to get best performance. This means different models different dolby audio customization.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ghentkatarn
    ghentkatarn Member Posts: 7 New User

edit : Not worked.

Got the same problem, trying to solve for hours but no luck. This is indeed a **bleep** thing Acer.

• sibu12345

Aye man, I get but that 's kinda is flawed cause I eventually reinstalled Dolby audio myself cause well, the setup is just hidden in the computer with a different name. And yes, reinstalling Dolby works with that setup somehow sometimes haha. 

Anyways update on the Dolby ticket, no reply. I'm pretty **bleep** sure they're aware of the problem. Some good info for you guys is that it is not Dolby's fault but Realtek's fault, it's their drivers being incompatible with Windows 10 that'd we'd come across this issue. Just gotta sit on our heads and wait.

I've sent my laptop back Acer's service branch due to my reset of laptop going wrong and somehow I can't reset anymore. Didn't wanna mess it up myself. Turns out it was my hard drive being corrupted. Anyways I asked them about the Dolby and of course they asked if I've updated my drivers and all that juicy stuff.

He also explained to me about Dolby's issue and if you guys do your poking around you'd see there's a thread on this waaay back in 2012 (I think), cause of Windows 10's release. When I got my laptop back the "Servicing Report" came back saying that it was the <limitations of Realtek in windows 10 cannot be resolved (Something like that)>. So yeah, don't bother trying to ask Acer for help on this. They really can't help you either. It ain't really their fault.

I guess kind of since they didn't test it well enough before releasing this product hehe. If you guys wanna try, right click your volume icon on your taskbar, go to recording devices, you'll land on the page where you can see a "Microphone" and a "Stero Mix". Then go and check your Dolby and you'll see that it's off. 

If you guys are as bothered about this as I am, I'm pretty sure you guys spent at least 24-48h trying to figure out how to fix it either by searching through forums and threads. Tough luck for us. Cause for sure I've tried reinstalling multiple different times of different Realtek drivers. Those don't work either Smiley Sad

Pardon on this like really late update cause there's no email sent to be about a reply on this thread until today :/ Either ways, they're(Realtek) are probably aware of the issue cause (It's been 4 tearful years since then) and well it doesn't seem they're gonna help out with this -_- Just regret you've bought this laptop if it bothers you a lot or appriciate the price for performance you're getting with this laptop... with an extra price of a certain "deficiency" :/

I really do wonder how online reviewing sites don't ever report a problem on Dolby on Acer. Seems extremely suspicious ain't it? Could be they're paid hahaha (Please don't sue me Acer, I'm just wondering no accusations LOL)

• Runner
    Runner Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello!

I am having the same problem with multiple programs:

1. VLC Player - problem was solved by going into Tools>Preferences>Force Detection for Dolby Surround.

2. Dota2 - It seems to be ok after switching it back on once i launch the game.

3. CSGO - Once in the game, i have to launch a map/join a server/go for Overwatch and then enable Dolby again. If i Launch CSGO and then just Alt+Tab and enable Dolby, then i will not be able to use my microphone.

4. TeamSpeak - Once launched and connected to a server i can enable Dolby.

Here's the thing... Dolby Software needs an update... They need to add settings and options that would keep the presets enabled no matter what.

This way, instead of the program automaticaly switching on in certain games and off in others, we can just select the **bleep** thing to be on all the time...
    It will give us a lot more control over it.

• Runner

Tinkerer

Small EDIT:

DOTA2 - once the game is running, there seems to be no sound modifications. When i ALT+TAB to enable Dolby, it shows as already being enabled. Switching Presets doesn't work.

• ghentkatarn
    I've found a solution to this. Go to realtek website and download latest driver (march 2014 or something. ) my realtek drivers were 2012 and after the update dolby wont close itself anymore.
  • ghentkatarn
    Also my solution is tested for about 4-5 days no problems so far. The dolby menu in the sound settings in the windows also changed.
  • Runner

Tinkerer

Latest Driver on Realtek site is older than the one i have installed (ACER driver).

• Ryusei
    Ryusei Member Posts: 3 New User

I had my audio issues with dolby start after Windows 10 become an **bleep** and installed the anniversary update. Almost every other program would turn dolby off and I had to manually turn it on. Updating drivers and changing some settings didn't work either.

Eventually I reverted back to my old installation after a day (LOL) and a handful of my games turn off dolby (Overwatch and GTAV). Every other game and app seems to work fine.

• Arzamar

Well i tried everything but still Dolby Audio closes itself if i launch an app which using microphone (like discord or a game with voip) so i need to alt+tab and re-enable it everytime.

I dont think there is a solution for this, it seems like neither Acer nor Realtek cares.