PREDATOR HELIOS 300 - Windows random freezes and BIOS Problem

2»

Answers

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Yeah I was going to mention that until I saw it on mine. Seems odd though to me. Everything else (GPU-Z etc) says 6gb so I don't know what that is all about.

• eminc
    eminc Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
    Man, you are interested in my problem to fix always. Thank you so much. Unfortunatelly, I am going to try to replace this item with new one. I hope This will not be problem for Acer and Amazon. And i hope other product will come without problems Smiley Very Happy again thank you so much
  • Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hey no problem I enjoy helping others especially with tech stuff. Good luck with your return, sometimes a unit or part just goes bad for no reason. Computers can be real finicky when they want to be. Hope everything works out!

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

To find if the problem is in your PC you have to try different games and see if the problem persists. There is a website 'notebookcheck.net, which has many reviews of products. You can find a product running with your GPU and CPU and see how much fps it gets in certain games. Then you can download this game if you have it and check if the fps you get are similar.

You can't determine if a system is faulty, when the only thing you have tested it on is one game, which is known for its bugs. The benchmark proves that your system is working just fine. Therefore that means you need to troubleshoot it more.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• catteen
    catteen Member Posts: 1 New User
    eminc said:
    Man, you are interested in my problem to fix always. Thank you so much. Unfortunatelly, I am going to try to replace this item with new one. I hope This will not be problem for Acer and Amazon. And i hope other product will come without problems Smiley Very Happy again thank you so much
    delte "igfxDTCM" folder in regedit:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\igfxDTCM
    enjoy!
  • karunsheel05
    karunsheel05 Member Posts: 2 New User
    WHAT IS THE SOLUTION PREDATOR FREEZES AND ON RESTART BLACK SCREEN. As i did hard reset on the back of battery panel it works again but again after sometimes freezes. Kindly give ideas to solve this matter.
    karunsheel05@gmail.com
  • Sobe
    Sobe Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    The freeze issue is a well known issue that Microsoft needs to get their act together and fix.  It is not a laptop's issue.
    Blame Microsoft.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mobile-gtx-1060-freeze-problem/93e7004a-62b1-4211-8e37-4c136608865e

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    I've noticed a lot of issues lately especially with the latest Windows updates, the issue being that all the Intel drivers (VGA, Chipset, ACHI) were all force updated as well as the realtek drivers causing issues. 

You can try reinstalling all the above mentioned as I've heard positive feedback from doing so. 
    - Hotel Hero