New Predator G9-593 Without Plastic HDD Mount & Sata Cable ?!

manos20082
manos20082 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello everyone, I just bought my new and first gaming laptop, today arrived and I decide to add an HDD. I surprised, there is no HDD Bracket or HDD Bay (***Red Circle) and without an SATA drive connector cable (***Blue Circle). How did I suppose to add an HDD without all these?

My laptop came only with SSD LiteOn 256GB (m.2 2280), its the model G9-593-73J7 (NH.Q16EX.004), I live in Greece, and I can't find anywhere the spare parts, please Help me! 

Sorry for my Bad English Language, please accept my apologies!

P.S.: I also give you a photo to see what is missing, I highlighted the missing parts:

Predator.png

Answers

• Hello,

The part numbers of these parts are:

Spoiler
    50.Q04N5.001CABLE.HDD
    42.Q04N5.004COVER.HDD.DASP (blue rubber)

You should find a reseller with a search engine. May be you'll find some additional informations here.

The result will be this:

LT-PG9-593

PS: My English is not perfect too (FrenGlish!Smiley Happy)

France
  • manos20082

Thank you very much, your information was so helpful, I will try to contact with Acer Support on my country for ordering these spare parts. I will update the topic as soon as I have more info and news from Acer.

• manos20082
    Update 1: I just contact with the ACER Hellas and they redirected me to ALMAN Hellas for buying the parts. The total cost is 29,30€ [including 24% VAT]. They have to contact with the Factory to see availability first, then they'll give me a call in order to buy it. I will update soon with more info within few days.
  • manos20082

Dear @laurent_14, unfortunately the Acer or the ALMAN Company said for the HDD Cover (blue rubber) part is not available even from the factory. They can't provide me this part. What I can do now ? How I'll add an HDD without this part ?

• tsiharry
    tsiharry Member Posts: 1 New User

Χαίρετε κύριε μάνο.Το μοντέλο που αγοράσατε είναι το Acer Predator G9-593 NH.Q16EX.004?Αν ναι θα ήθελα να σας ρωτίσω αν έχει G-SYNC.Θα με εξυπηρετήσετε όσο δεν φαντάζεστε με το να μου πείτε.Να και

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

• Hi manos20082,

May be this type of product would be appropriate. First you should measure the avaible space of the HDD housing. Apparently you can contact them via chat (probably a Chinese online shop).

Edited: I found one on ebay.

France
  • manos20082

Hi laurent_14,

I measured the space on the laptop empty space and I compared with the item on your link, unfortunately does not fit in that space.... I just regretted for buying this laptop, the ACER is definitely from the worst company unavailable to support his clients.... So I guess if I ever need service from the ACER company they will answer like this: "sorry Mr. But we're unavailable to fix it because our company haven't any parts to repair it, but you can throw it from a window and buy new one."

Even the ACER SUPPORT of UK,GR,RO can't help me, that company considering themselves as a serious company ? I talked right now with European consumer line and I testified my problem, now I'm waiting for response.