Lag on Acer Predator 17 G9-793-78cm

Inept1
Inept1 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Recently I have been noticing some lag while playing games. I have the GTX 1070 version of the Predator 17 and i've had this laptop for 4 months now, when I first got it, it worked and ran perfectly. But Recently, I have been noticing lag in games, manily Battlefield 1, I did not know what was causing this, so i did a factory reset of the computer and reinstalled Battlefield 1, but the same thing is still happing, the in game FPS counter provided by Ge-Force Experence sporadically dips down to 40 then to like 90 and the lag is noticable, and thats only on Medium quality settings with the fans on high. Surely this computer should function great without any lag on high setting or even ultra. One of my friends changes the thermal past on the CPU and GPU but there cant be a problem there because the tempture always stays around 65C. The only possible thing I can think of is the GPU driver, durring the last update, while Geforce Experence was installing the updated driver, after the restart, it said there was a problem and the install would not finish, i had to uninstall geforce experence and install the driver manualy from there site. What could be the problem hear? Is there something wrong with my computer?

Best Answer

• seeparks
    seeparks Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓

What display driver are you currently using? I would try to rollback to 369.49. If you need to download it again go to the acer support link and download the vga driver. (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/support-product/6965?b=1)

After you reinstall, type advanced systems settings in your search bar, click on view advanced system settings, click the hardware tab, click on device installation settings, and select no. I believe this will prevent automatic driver updates.

Also, type services into the search bar and open services. Find NVIDIA GeForce Experience Services, right click, properties, select disable for startup type, and stop the service. This will prevent GeForce Experience Services from updating. 

Maybe even go into GeForce Experience Services and disable automatic driver updates. Just make sure you stay on 369.49 for now.

When you're done all that, go into GeForce Experience Services and scan for your games and click optimize using the recommended settings.

Hope this helps,

Answers

• seeparks
    seeparks Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓

What display driver are you currently using? I would try to rollback to 369.49. If you need to download it again go to the acer support link and download the vga driver. (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/support-product/6965?b=1)

After you reinstall, type advanced systems settings in your search bar, click on view advanced system settings, click the hardware tab, click on device installation settings, and select no. I believe this will prevent automatic driver updates.

Also, type services into the search bar and open services. Find NVIDIA GeForce Experience Services, right click, properties, select disable for startup type, and stop the service. This will prevent GeForce Experience Services from updating. 

Maybe even go into GeForce Experience Services and disable automatic driver updates. Just make sure you stay on 369.49 for now.

When you're done all that, go into GeForce Experience Services and scan for your games and click optimize using the recommended settings.

Hope this helps,

• Inept1
    Inept1 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I downloaded and installed the driver you mentioned, but Battlefield 1 wont work with that driver, so i am downloading a driver after 378.49, so the driver i am downloading is 378.66, the releace date for that driver is within the time my computer was running good, so ill install that one and see how it goes