G9-791 problem after bios update

Loood89
Loood89 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have an problem after bios update. Before i updated bios it was version 1.07 and now it's 1.10. My laptop is G9-791 and when i open bios or check in CMD i reports wrong model and serial number. http://prnt.sc/epme7b . Is there any fix for this or what sould i do?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i have 1.10 too on my G9-791 and the reported values are ok.

i suspect you flashed the G9-591 version on your laptop, i don't know if you can fix this simply flashing the G9-791 1.10 BIOS version, since it's the same version.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Loood89
    Loood89 Member Posts: 2 New User

Yeah, i was thinking the same thing, but only problem is that my laptop is registered as G9-791 and i downloaded bios from myAcer part of Acer website. Im not sure how to get exact bios for my laptop. I eaven don't know which version of Predator is this (i know my config, but on myAcer there is only G9-791 writen). Do you know how to get bios for this one? And the second problem is about bios update. As you said, i tried to update and only got message that it is same version of bios and process ends.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you are under warranty, i suggest you to contact Acer support service, since the BIOS flasher had to block crossflashing version.

I'm not an Acer employee.