G9-591 ORANGE LEDS

Tor
Tor Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

ACER PREDATOR's Orange Leds report incorrect info since the first usage after I purchased and unboxed the PC !

When Laptop is turned ON the HDD ORange Led (1st light) and the 3rd, Power LED are ALWAYS LIT !

When Laptop is suspended, main button and the Third Led (Orange Power Led) flash; other LEDs are off.

When Laptop is turned off, all three LEDs are off.

• WHY the Hard Disc Drive LED is flashing when reading/writing Data in other PCs, but Acer Predator led is ALWAYS ON even when HDD spin is idle ?
  • WHY BATTERY LED (2nd light) IS ALWAYS OFF, even though I am using the accumulators without power plug connection?P1230530.JPG?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if your laptops is powered off and plugged to AC charger, is the battery LED ON?

the battery LED is OFF when not connected to the AC charger, so it's working as expected.

About HDD/SSD LED, since it's reporting both it will remain always ON, antivirus scans or SSD Trim or HDD Defrag can take the "activity" LED always ON.

have you check under "computer management - Performance" if the LED activity corresponde to real SSD/HDD activity?

windows logo key + r

type

perfmon

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Tor

Nope, it's off forever; look. BATTERY LED IS ALWAYS OFF;even on laptop shutdown and cable plugged. The orange light has to flash when batt is low and lit when AC is plugged.

HDD light is on, even where I am in the BIOS settings (F2 or DEL to enter Setup) or even after a CD rescue tool bootstrap !

All weird here...

• Tor

THE ONLY CORRECT INDICATION IN MY PC IS THE FLASHING POWER LED WHEN PC IS SUSPENDED; MAIN BUTTON (TRIANGULAR KEY IN THE PHOTO) AND 3RD LED (POWER) FLASH TOGETHER WITH REGULAR INTERVAL.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

something is wrong for sure.

have you already checked your BIOS version?

if it's below 1.10, please update it

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.10_A_A.zip?acerid=635960424469495308&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=PREDATOR&Step3=PREDATOR%20G9-591&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

if it's already updated, only Acer support service can fix your issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Tor

MMMM,KAY. However if this op won't fix it, I won't let people seal the chassis to resolve it.

• Tor

*unseal

• Tor

MMMM,KAY. However if this op won't fix it, I won't let people unseal the chassis to resolve it. It's dangerous and here aren't qualified technicians enough to keep all warranties on. I have to ship this laptop to Acer Support, if Bios upgrade doesn't fix issues.