Fan noise on the Acer Predator Laptops

Jaxione
Jaxione Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi!

I am thinking of buying a Acer Predator G5 laptop with the Nvidia 1060 GPU. How is the fan noise on theese laptops? Reviews complains about pulsating fans, that the fan noise goes up and down and are not stable. Have they fixed this? I dont want a laptop with fan ramping up and down when you are browsing for example.

Br J

Answers

• Daedronus
    Daedronus Member Posts: 78 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

my g5-793 is virtually silent, while I use it in my lap, for browsing and light work.

but I repasted it, and that makes a difference

• Jaxione
    Thanks for the reply. How was the Noise level before repaste? Because I would not repaste mine. Also how is the screen? Backlight bleed?
  • Daedronus
    Daedronus Member Posts: 78 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

No idea about the stock noise, I repasted it almost from day zero.

The screen is decent, back light is not noticeable on my model but this can varry, it's IPS so angles are good, can be overclocked to 90Hz.....but, and this is a big BUT, it's 6bits/color and it usses FRC and if you know what to look for you will notice it, especially in blue colors, in form of vertical lines.

It's not a big issue for me and it's not noticeable in movies and games, but this is not a screen for professional photoshop work.

• Jaxione

Hi again!

Is there any reason not to buy the 6700hq version over the 7300hq version? Is there something acer fixed in the newer versions of the G5?

I can get both for the same price where I live.

Which should I go for?

Br J