Can't use newest Nvidia driver/s.

ven98
ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I am an owner of GX-791 and from months I have problem with drivers, which come after 373.06. Recently my windows had an update and it updated my driver automatically to a newer version which doesn't work well. So what happens when I use later drivers is:

- When I run games in 4k resolution the FPS don't go above 29.97fps with v-sync off.

- Predator sense stops displaying the frequency of the GPU. What I see is '----' instead of '1189' for example. And probably therefore overclocking of GPU doesn't work.

I wonder whether Acer will upload a BIOS update or something that will fix this because the OS updates my driver automatically and shows it as critical update and can't prevent it.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
-Model number
-Part number(not required, but helpful)
-CPU
-GPU
-Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

We suggest you click on the link below to see available drivers for the Predator GX-791.

We also suggest reinstalling the drivers that you are seeing any issue.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6829?b=1

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

I did this already, but without any effect.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• vorob
    vorob Member Posts: 149 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon

delete. i missed thread