Brand new Acer Predator 15 G9-591-70VM came with NO audio out of the box

of
of Member Posts: 2 New User

Couple of days ago I received my new Acer Predator G9-591-70VM and there is no sound whatsoever coming out of the laptop, right out of the box! Very, very disappointing!

I have spent the last days researching and trying everything there is to solve this problem myself, but sadly to no avail.

This is what I have tried so far: (similar situation to this users problem:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Laptops/No-audio-speakers-brand-new-Predator-15-G9-591-70VM-running/td-p/408161)

Basic
-My speakers are not muted.
-They are set to default device
-My headphones are not plugged in
-Aside from the exception listed below, only 1 device is shown in the list of playback devices, regardless of whether headphones are plugged in or not

More advanced:
-Came with a Realtek HD audio driver
-Let windows automatically search for latest driver, it failed to update driver because it timed out.
-Uninstalled driver and restarted computer, allowed windows to automatically reinstall a driver
-Downloaded latest Realtek driver from Realtek website, ran it's setup exe which had me uninstall current driver, restart, install the downloaded driver, restart.
-Downloaded latest driver listed on Acer website when searching for me 591 model. Uninstalled current driver, installed this one and restarted.
-Chose to update driver and reverted to Microsofts "High Definition Audio Device". Initially no sound however I looked in my playback devices and now had 2 devices shown, speakers and headphones. My headphones were set to default so I switch that to speakers I had sound....
Only thing was BOTH channels (left n right) are coming from my SUBWOOFER SPEAKER. I checked through balance settings n things, messed around with a few, but always the sound came through my SUBWOOFER SPEAKER.

I would like to know if there is a way to determine if it's a hardware problem or a software/drivers issue and how to fix it, if possible. I really don't want to have to return the laptop, after just receiving it brand new!

There are a lot of people with the same issue on predator laptops and desktops and a ton of people with similar problems running windows 10!

I'm sure many people, including myself would appreciate a solid, official solution!

If anyone has found a DIY solution to this, I would also appreciate it immensely!

Thanks in advance,
O.F.

Answers