Acer is a global company?

oz1453
oz1453 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I actually ask this question for all acer users. But why?

I bought Acer Predator G3-571(Helios 300) from USA.But i live in Turkey. Everything ok for me when i need extra storage i bought new hdd and opened my hdd cover and wadaa... Smiley Happy

There isn't hdd caddy (42.Q28N2.SV1) and hdd cable (50.Q28N2.004). Then i contact to Acer Turkey. After 2 weeks still no answer Smiley Sad

I contact to PREDATOR PREMIUM SERVICE from chat with a predator line service professional. She said me sorry about that and we can send u these parts but u must live US or CANADA. But i live in Turkey and Amazon sold to Turkey. So...

If Acer a global company why u can't send these parts all over the world?

If predator special model for US countries why amazon sold all over the world.

Now u say Acer is a global company?

Best Answer

• oz1453
    Answer ✓

Today Acer Turkey send me a mail. They will send missing parts for free to my adress.

I think still Acer is a global company Smiley Happy Thanks for the support Acer Turkey.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You should wait for a response from Acer in Turkey, or order the parts yourself.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• oz1453

Now Acer Turkey answered my mail. They want 50$ and wait 2 weeks. :z

By the way if u buy a laptop and there is something missing in it (cpu, gpu, ssd etc.) then are u said to yourself ok i ve to pay extra money to buy these parts Smiley Sad

I don't pay any extra money for these reasons sorry Smiley Happy Because it should be there! i paid for all of these.

• oz1453
    Answer ✓

Today Acer Turkey send me a mail. They will send missing parts for free to my adress.

I think still Acer is a global company Smiley Happy Thanks for the support Acer Turkey.

• NM91
    NM91 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem.
    What did you do that they send you these parts for free?
    I have contacted support in UK and they just pointed me to the online store.

• zut72
    zut72 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I bought a Helios 300 PH317-51 (waiting for it to arrive), and alrerady know that the caddy and cable are going to be missing. Are the hdd caddy (42.Q28N2.SV1) and hdd cable (50.Q28N2.004) part numbers the same for my model? I bought the laptop from germany and recieving it in Italy....
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    zut72 said:
    I bought a Helios 300 PH317-51 (waiting for it to arrive), and alrerady know that the caddy and cable are going to be missing. Are the hdd caddy (42.Q28N2.SV1) and hdd cable (50.Q28N2.004) part numbers the same for my model? I bought the laptop from germany and recieving it in Italy....

Hi,
    Cable part number is same but the HDD caddy part number is different for your model.
    HDD cable: 50.Q28N2.004
    Caddy: 33.Q28N2.001

• zut72
    zut72 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

> @brummyfan2 said:
    > zut72 said:
    >
    >
    > I bought a Helios 300 PH317-51 (waiting for it to arrive), and alrerady know that the caddy and cable are going to be missing. Are the hdd caddy (42.Q28N2.SV1) and hdd cable (50.Q28N2.004) part numbers the same for my model? I bought the laptop from germany and recieving it in Italy....
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi,
    > Cable part number is same but the HDD caddy part number is different for your model.
    > HDD cable: 50.Q28N2.004
    > Caddy: 33.Q28N2.001

Thank You very much for info.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    zut72 said:
    > @brummyfan2 said:
    > zut72 said:
    >
    >
    > I bought a Helios 300 PH317-51 (waiting for it to arrive), and alrerady know that the caddy and cable are going to be missing. Are the hdd caddy (42.Q28N2.SV1) and hdd cable (50.Q28N2.004) part numbers the same for my model? I bought the laptop from germany and recieving it in Italy....
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi,
    > Cable part number is same but the HDD caddy part number is different for your model.
    > HDD cable: 50.Q28N2.004
    > Caddy: 33.Q28N2.001

Thank You very much for info.

You are welcome :)
  • sohyuyuan
    sohyuyuan Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

i bought Predator Helios 300 from Amazon and shipped to Malaysia from USA, i have the same issue however they tell me to deal with the Amazon Dealer, why??