Acer Predator won't turning on

Aiden2
Aiden2 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone
I have laptop "acer predator G9-591"
Tonight suddenly turned off without to mention anything and didn't turned on
i tried to turning it on from methods on surfing web like " Reseting battery by small Pin hole " and didn't work , i feel so upset cause i need it for my job
I really need your help it means a lot

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

First, with a multimeter, what is the voltage output of the charger plug?  

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Aiden2
    Aiden2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sorry I don't have any multimeter
    3 days last and I don't got any solution
  • JackE

Is it still under warranty. If yes, contact Acer Service now without delay. If no, I really need to know the charger output voltage. Digital multimeters are available just about everywhere now and really inexpensive. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• TripaSeca
    TripaSeca Member Posts: 9 New User
    I have the same problem with the same model as Aiden and tried the same stuff like him.
  • JackE

Is your's also still under warranty? If yes, contact Acer Service without delay. If no, we still really need to know the charger's output voltage to move forward with this issue. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• TripaSeca
    Hi JackE, my laptop broke 2 months after the end of the warranty. So no it's not under warranty. ???? I measured the charger's output as you recommended and it's 19.2!
    Any clue of what is going on?
  • JackE

OK. Your charger seems OK. Next we want to try to re-set the battery for a longer period of time. Remove the charger. Then insert, press gently & hold a paperclip in the battery re-set pinhole for at least 3 minutes. Then re-connect the charger and try to power on again. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• TripaSeca
    Hi JackE, I did it, nothing happened. What should I do now?
  • JackE

Google "G9-591" and "disassembly" without the quotes. Follow the laptopman disassembly instructions. You must remove the DVD, HDD, SSD modules and the bottom cover to access the battery and its connector to the mainboard. The battery must remain disconnected from the mainboard for several minutes. During this time you can also check the voltage outputs of the various wires on the connector. Choose one pin on the connector to connect to one voltmeter lead, then sequentially touch the other voltmeter lead to the other pins. You may have to repeat this choosing another pin till you find  a maximum 15 volts between 2 pins indicating the battery is probably OK. If you don't see 15v, stop, your battery probably needs to be replaced. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• TripaSeca
    Thanks man but I think I gonna use it without battery. Cheers
  • TripaSeca
    Ohh yes, it still doesn't work. I follow your suggestion and it didn't work then I removed the battery and tried to power on again, no life.
  • JackE

>>>Thanks man but I think I gonna use it without battery.>>>

Wait! Does this mean it turns on without the battery installed? This would be an important results! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TripaSeca
    No, it didn't work. I thought it would! Anyways, I'm going to take it to service maybe someone can fix it. Thanks for the help and attention! Matt
  • JackE

Good luck with it! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TripaSeca
    Ok here I am back again.
    Turned out I got a short-circuit on my laptop. When I tried to measure with the multimeter I placed the red in and the black out and got nothing. So I took it to an electric shop nearby my house and the guy put the red and the black inside de DC adapter and a spark happened after this he got 19 volts ( weird ). Is this normal? I'm afraid to break my laptop again using the same adapter because I don't know if it's damaged or not.
    Please let me know
  • JackE

4 weeks ago TripaSeca wrote>>>I measured the charger's output as you recommended and it's 19.2!>>>

You probably reversed the multimeter wires when you measured the charger's plug yesterday. Because 19v is about right. So the charger still seems to be OK. So, yes, the short-circuit seems to be inside the laptop. Since your laptop won't turn on when the charger is plugged in, with or without the battery, it could be anywhere. But the most likely place would be at the laptop's charger jack since it's subject to mechanical stress from plugging/unplugging the charger. The middle pin inside the laptop charger jack may be bent from not being properly aligned with the middle hole inside the charger plug. Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

• TripaSeca
    Normally, the red goes in the adapters plug and the black goes out, right? But for this one the black and the red needed to go inside the adapters plug. Do you know what I mean? Even the guys from the service found that strange and didn't want to try it for themselves.
    https://youtu.be/Y7UeypVrSqA
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i just tried on mine and yes, the negative is inside not outside as other AC adapters.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • TripaSeca
    Thanks!!!!

• Oldy
    Oldy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Guys, my Predator 15 wont start without plugging in the charger. What should I do to make it back normal ? Just bought it about 2 years ago. Please help me 🙏 really love my buddy Predator