Acer Predator Helios 300 - Predator Sense Not Working

phaso5
phaso5 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello, I just got a new Acer Helios 300 and the first thing I did was update the BIOS and all of the drivers, as well as install MSI Afterburner+RivaTuner. However, after I updated all of the drivers listed on the Drivers and Manuals page, Predator Sense no longer works. The logo will show up and disappear, but the program won't load past that. However, Predator Sense still shows up in the Task Manager along with other associated processes (PSAdminAgent, PSAgent, PSSvc). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Predator Sense (as well as MSI Afterburner), but it still won't work.

Again, I only noticed that Predator Sense stopped working after I had updated all of the drivers, so I'm not sure which one is causing a conflict. I should also add that I did all of the Windows updates as well, including the Creators Update. Anyone else having this issue?

Best Answer

• phaso5
    Answer ✓

So, I just installed the Windows Creators Update, and also updated RivaTuner to v7.0.0 and Predator Sense is magically working again. Not sure which of those did it, but I'm just glad it's working again.

Answers

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer
    Version: 1.00.3012 should work. Which one do you use?
  • phaso5

I'm using the latest version listed for my model (G3-571), which is Version: 2.01.3000, dated 2017/05/04. I don't remember what version it came installed with.

• phaso5
    Answer ✓

So, I just installed the Windows Creators Update, and also updated RivaTuner to v7.0.0 and Predator Sense is magically working again. Not sure which of those did it, but I'm just glad it's working again.

• rivery
    rivery Member Posts: 1 New User

excuse me, for the G3-571 version does the overclocking for CPU and GPU work? Can I put it in turbo mode?
  • The G3-571 does not have the overclocking options in Predator Sense. I kinda of wish it did have one, and an under-clocking option for extreme battery life but they have not given us it yet. I have a feeling they will not because the 571 has the locked processor.

You can use ThrottleStop to mess with the clocking, but 3rd party overclocking is not supported by Acer. 

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • Acrid
    Acrid Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    I have a question for you, I have been trying to figure out how to overclock my GPU and I have the same model you have. When I download MSI afterburner or EVGA XOC both applications have locked voltage sliders... I am new to this stuff, and I would really appreciate help. Also, I have the same problem with my predator sense, except I have everything up to date including my windows and the problem is same as you described. Logo shows up and then disappears. If you could help me out with both things I would be so grateful.
  • Levimahel
    Levimahel Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I am having this problem now. And  have all the updates. HELP!!

• Acrid said:
    I have a question for you, I have been trying to figure out how to overclock my GPU and I have the same model you have. When I download MSI afterburner or EVGA XOC both applications have locked voltage sliders... I am new to this stuff, and I would really appreciate help. Also, I have the same problem with my predator sense, except I have everything up to date including my windows and the problem is same as you described. Logo shows up and then disappears. If you could help me out with both things I would be so grateful.
    The G3-571 cannot be overclocked. The GPU voltage is locked. The max cpu clock is 3.8GHz.

Run PredatorSense in Windows 8 compatibility mode. 

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • punzoo
    punzoo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Acrid said:
    The G3-571 cannot be overclocked. The GPU voltage is locked. The max cpu clock is 3.8GHz.

Run PredatorSense in Windows 8 compatibility mode. 

Skelo
    yes it worked for me. Thanks