Acer Predator Drivers & Firmware for Linux?

lameflame13
lameflame13 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, apologies in advance for the upcoming query, I would imagine it has been asked many times before, but I have not found a concrete answer to what I need yet so I finally caved and decided to ask here.

I recently purchased an Acer Predator 17 G9-793, it came pre-installed with Windows 10 and all relevant drivers, firmware, etc. I impulsively wiped clean Windows 10 from the drive because I had long since made a committment to switch over to linux. I hadn't considered the fact that re-installing a lot of drivers and other Acer firmware would be a serious pain and/or not possible at this time.

For anyone else who owns this laptop and does not run Windows as an OS, I would like to know where and how you managed to find the relevant drivers and firmware to make this work on Linux. Especially audio drivers, as the music that currently plays from my speakers is substantially poorer quality than what it did when it came fresh out of the box with Windows 10. Any suggestions for universal drivers or "close enough" replacements is fine too, it really cannot be worse than what I have now. Also if there is a particular distribution that makes this process easier, I will consider switching to that, I have no problem doing so. 

A bit vague and probably frustratingly easy to fix but thank you in advance for the help.

Answers

• ggomezivan83
    ggomezivan83 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Me pasa exactamente lo mismo... necesito instalar Linux en un equipo igual pero no he encontrado documentación al respecto.
  • beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer

sometimes the search function helps really a lot Smiley Wink

acer.com/t5/Predator-Laptops/predator-g7-593-only-using-left-speaker-ubuntu/m-p/491025#U491025

For most Debian Distries ..you just install the NVidia driver. All others are included and working.

You should post which Linux u r talting about....