Acer Predator 17X GX-792-752

2»

Answers

• Robitzik
    Robitzik Member Posts: 68 Devotee WiFi Icon
    also if the Turbo preset makes our CPU throttle, we should at least have an option to overclock only the graphics card. just sayin'
  • Robitzik
    just got a totally stable 3.6 Ghz on all cores at a voltage of 0.960 with XTU. Amazing. stress tested with intel burn test. 73C max temp. if we wouldn't have thermal issues it would have been mid 60C. We could easily run 4.3 Ghz with max temps of about 80-85C
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

We apologise for the inconvenient. If you are experiencing overheating issue, we recommend you send the unit to repair so our technitians can test the unit and decided what needs to be done to fix this issue as need it.

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6695#_ga=1.219189274.263337500.1415824428

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Robitzik
    Thank you for your interest Karp, i apreciate, but my unit was already voided from factory when i removed the bottom cover and saw the void sticker damaged on the heatsink. it is no use to send it back for repairs, they will just send it back to me, or charge money for "repairs". i am sure Acer is aware that a lot of us have thermal issues with the CPU, not only the unlocked 7820HK, but the 7700HQ too as you have seen on the threads. We would really appreciate a BIOS update with voltage and all the OC controls, just like Alienware and MSI, so we could maintain a relatively decent temperature with no throttles, or at least update PredatorSense with these features so we can have control over our unlocked processor that we have paid a premium for. Thank you again for your interest, Karp. We are looking forward for more info
  • aussie338
    aussie338 Member Posts: 1 New User
    hi guys, i know im a 3 years late to this post, how ever im having the same over heating problems with cpu, gpu temps are fine. my laptop is the gx 792 735f. im curous if you found a good soloution to this problem, maybe and upgraded heatsink or aftermarket part. im not overly tech savy so finding a soloution is quite frustrating. my cpu temps seem to be the bottleneck in my system. also yes laptop has been cleaned and re thermal pasted