Acer Predator 15 bulging touchpad

Somitomere
Somitomere Member Posts: 40 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

I've bought Acer Predator 15 with i7-6700HQ and GTX1070 about 2 months ago. Few days ago I noticed that the touchpad is slightly bugling at the lower right corner. I wrote to acer service and asked if they knew something about the problem, but sadly they did not. I did some googling and found some reviews that also include Predator laptops with exact same bulging touchpad as mine. 

A) in this http://www.ultrabookreview.com/12357-acer-predator-17-review-g9-793/ review, bulging is seen here image

B) in this review https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Predator-17-7700HQ-GTX-1070-UHD-Laptop-Review.223054.0.html , bulging is seen here image

This is bulging that appeared on my trackpad. 

21441652_10210109530750191_1527390403_o.jpg21458693_10210109508989647_281980065_o.jpg21476345_10210109672553736_1496367357_n.jpg

Does anybody know what is the cause of this problem and why does it even happen? Is it worth taking the laptop to acer service for repair, if the issue is so common? 

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    I don't own predator 15 but my predator doesn't have this bulge on the touch pad. You are the first one writing about such a thing in this forum, so I guess it is not very common. You don't feel comfortable with it(of course who would), then don't wait and get a replacement as soon as possible.

PS: Even if it was a common issue I would still want a replacement. And the pictures you have shown are on a predator 17 not 15
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    Depends all on you, whether you feel comfortable with it.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Somitomere
    Somitomere Member Posts: 40 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Of course I am not comfortable with it. It is almost brand new laptop, I am very protective of it, so this kind of ruins the feeling for me. But I am interested in how common this issue is, given that even reviewed machines have this problem. 

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    I don't own predator 15 but my predator doesn't have this bulge on the touch pad. You are the first one writing about such a thing in this forum, so I guess it is not very common. You don't feel comfortable with it(of course who would), then don't wait and get a replacement as soon as possible.

PS: Even if it was a common issue I would still want a replacement. And the pictures you have shown are on a predator 17 not 15
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system