Let's Get Social!

Ask our members for help or assist others.
You are all welcome at Acer Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acer Predator 15 bulging touchpad

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Hi,

I've bought Acer Predator 15 with i7-6700HQ and GTX1070 about 2 months ago. Few days ago I noticed that the touchpad is slightly bugling at the lower right corner. I wrote to acer service and asked if they knew something about the problem, but sadly they did not. I did some googling and found some reviews that also include Predator laptops with exact same bulging touchpad as mine. 

A) in this http://www.ultrabookreview.com/12357-acer-predator-17-review-g9-793/ review, bulging is seen here 

B) in this review https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Predator-17-7700HQ-GTX-1070-UHD-Laptop-Review.223054.0.html , bulging is seen here 

This is bulging that appeared on my trackpad. 

21441652_10210109530750191_1527390403_o.jpg21458693_10210109508989647_281980065_o.jpg21476345_10210109672553736_1496367357_n.jpg

Does anybody know what is the cause of this problem and why does it even happen? Is it worth taking the laptop to acer service for repair, if the issue is so common? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Valued Contributor

Re: Acer Predator 15 bulging touchpad

I don't own predator 15 but my predator doesn't have this bulge on the touch pad. You are the first one writing about such a thing in this forum, so I guess it is not very common. You don't feel comfortable with it(of course who would), then don't wait and get a replacement as soon as possible.

PS: Even if it was a common issue I would still want a replacement. And the pictures you have shown are on a predator 17 not 15
3 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Depends all on you, whether you feel comfortable with it.
New User

Of course I am not comfortable with it. It is almost brand new laptop, I am very protective of it, so this kind of ruins the feeling for me. But I am interested in how common this issue is, given that even reviewed machines have this problem. 

Tags (1)
  • Tags:
Valued Contributor

I don't own predator 15 but my predator doesn't have this bulge on the touch pad. You are the first one writing about such a thing in this forum, so I guess it is not very common. You don't feel comfortable with it(of course who would), then don't wait and get a replacement as soon as possible.

PS: Even if it was a common issue I would still want a replacement. And the pictures you have shown are on a predator 17 not 15
New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer
Member Highlight

We would like to highlight a user that joined the Community just 3 months ago and in that short amount of time has already authored more than 25 solutions and ranked up to Valued Contributor. Congratulations Flx, keep up the good work!

Total Posts Written: 345
Total Kudos Received: 78
Solutions Accepted: 26

Flx
Valued Contributor Flx

Valued Contributor