Acer Predator 15 G9-591-72LV internal microphone not working and dolby turn off itself "RANT"

henryadda
henryadda Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi I'm new here I just made this account just to ask Acer to fix this or I will not come back as their customer. So Acer release a realtek driver (it's a sound driver) for this laptop model  but the driver cause the microphone to not work. WHen I uninstall the realtek driver the mic works again so now I know it's not the hardware fault. Seiously acer how can you do this? And another issue is when I open bf1 and resident evil 5 the dolby turns off itself Acer you know about the dolby issue for a very long time and the issue is still here?!! Acer do your job as our provider. 

I just bought this laptop and I'm pretty sad that I wasted my hard earn money  for this laptop with 2 lame issues that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Answers

• Robitzik
    Robitzik Member Posts: 68 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I already made a new topic for everyone with discussions about these audio issues. you can check it out. me and steve are already discussing and trying multiple solutions, so i'm going to share them on your thread too, so we can fasten the fix getting to everyone's knowledge, as this info is rather scarce on the net.
    So here we go:

The first solution, and the one i recommend the most is to install your official drivers from Acer first. After this search for and install EqualizerAPO, in the configurator menu select both Speakers and Microphone, finish the install, reboot. Simple as that. If your sound volume is lower, check out the Editor in EqualizerAPO folder. You should have a preamplification knob there, and should be a couple of decibels lower. Raise it up to 0, or more, until your speakers start to distort on max volume. Save and close. The program will run alongside your driver all the time, you don't have to open it again ever if you don't want to make changes. Now your Dolby Audio won't turn off anymore when using VoIP software or games with that kind of integration. Please mind that EqualizerAPO might remove your Dolby panel, but Dolby will still remain active, you can check it out in Control Panel at Sounds.

The seconds fix is a bit trickier but also works. Make sure you have disabled Windows Update for the audio device, so it doesn't reinstall your drivers when removed. Now, uninstall your drivers and restart of course. Go to recovery at advanced startup and restart your computer with Driver Signature Verification DISABLED, very important. Search google and download the Realtek unlocked drivers with SRS Premium sound (v6.0.1.8036) and install allowing the unverified digital signature when prompted. Restart and enjoy. i found that these drivers have better audio fidelity and also fixes the issues with the microphone disabling Dolby and more.

Hope these help, please post back with some info if you tried these and how they helped you so we can know!

Cheers!

JUST PASTED THIS FROM ANOTHER OF MY POSTS SO I DON'T HAVE TO WRITE IT AGAIN
  • henryadda
    henryadda Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thanks for such a late reply but i sold my acer gaming laptop about 2 weeks ago and couldn't find the solution. I did update the drivers in DEC using the drivers from their website but the issues still exist