reboot and select proper boot device Model Name: AG3-710

viller
viller Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

Im new user here and had to make account to ask for help hello all! :-). I bought af3-710 computer one and half month ago. I have used computer basically just for making my thesis and playing few games for example player unknows battlegrounds and all has worked totally fine. I even have had 0 crashes. Now today i turn my computer on and it gives me that reboot and select proper boot device after like 10 seconds. I can only go to bios menu by pressing f2 but if i press f12 which should take me to boot menu it does not. It just gives the same error. The model i have has intel core i7 7th gen model which is i7-7700 3.6ghz cache 8mb chipset model b150, 32gb ram, 512gb ssd serial ata/600 1x512gb and 1080 gtx 8gb. Im really disappointed since all has worked well to this day and computer cost me 1699€ and now after 1 month it already has thiskind problem. Much thanks for reading and for possible help. Would gladly take any tips to get it work as i dont want to send it to warrantyrepair for 1month. 

Best Answer

• JarmoL
    JarmoL Member Posts: 5 New User
    Answer ✓

We updated the BIOS to R02.A2 on Sunday and now the PC has started on first try every time so far.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

on BIOS is your SSD listed under main page or SATA interface?

on Boot list, do you have windows boot manager as first bootable device?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • viller

imageimage2.JPGimage3.JPG

Hi thanks for reply. Does this pictures help for you question? I just took them and there is the main and bootlist atleast. Thank you

• IronFly

2 things:

1) or your SSD SATA or power cable unplugged, you can easily fix, opening the PC case and look about loose cables

2) or your SSD died, there's no sign of it on BIOS

if your cables are ok and you are under warranty, please contact Acer support service.

• JarmoL

Hello,
    my son bought this PC a week ago and is now getting the same error.

Predator G3-710
    Model Name: AG3-710
    Part Number: DG.E08EQ.007

Where is the SSD located ?  We opened the case and tried to find it but no luck so far.

I'd appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Jarmo

• IronFly

thee SSD is located on the hot swap bay.

to check cables, you need to open the left side panel of your PC (front looking) and then check in the top right (looking at the left side of your PC case)

to pull out the hot swap bay, you need to open the front bay of your case, just under the Predator logo.

• JarmoL

Hi,

thank you but that is not true in this model.

Viller found a picture of motherboard and this model has m.2 (Socket 3) SSD which looks a bit like a RAM memory module.  It was hard to find because it is so close to the GTX1080 card that it is hidden under it.

You need to remove the video card to see it, unless you have a probe or dentist's mirror :-)

https://img.alicdn.com/bao/uploaded/i1/TB1tyt9LpXXXXbRXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

It was tightly in place, no cables.  So I'm looking for options, is the SSD failing, or the motherboard connector, or is it just BIOS ?

Now the Predator starts after 2-10 retries  when it's finally detecting the SSD card.

Best regards,

Jarmo

• IronFly

yes, the SSD is a M2, i forgot it Smiley Very Happy

thank you for pointing.

can you please report your BIOS version?

windows logo key + r

type

msinfo32

report BIOS Version/DATE

• JarmoL

Looking for info for this model almost drove me mad because I didn't find manual or anything useful from Acer site. Except this community :-)

BIOS Version/DATE is R02-A0, 8.12.2016

Support page has R02.A1 for Intel 7th Gen Kabylake platform and R02.A2

but how to confirm which (or both) are okay to install ?

• IronFly

you can go with R02.A2, since it's the latest for your actual BIOS version

please dobule check if there's any document inside the zip file and read the instruction on how to flash the BIOS (windows exe is ok)

• JarmoL

I haven't tried the BIOS update yet.  The package contains the update and instructions how to run it,

but there is no list of bugs which are fixed with this update.

Today the machine started fine on first power on.

• IronFly

Acer never release a changelog on BIOS.

• Alva
    Alva Member Posts: 2 New User

I had the same problem I bought the gtx 1070 32bg 256ssd 1tbhdd i7 7gen From costco
    had it for 10 days and got that error returned it to costco for another 5 days later same thing returned it for my money back it's a shame because I can't find a pc for that price anywhere with those specs and if I spend that on a pc build I'll spend about the same and won't be able to return it as easy if I run into problems

• JarmoL
    Answer ✓

We updated the BIOS to R02.A2 on Sunday and now the PC has started on first try every time so far.

• viller

Hello,

I sent my computer to the warranty repair and bios was updated. That was the fix for me atleast. Now the computer works normaly. Most likely bios versions below the newest are somehow not stable. Thanks all for the replys and help.