motherboard pci lock where?

caspersiig
caspersiig Member Posts: 13 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

im lost my dudez i cant get the gpu out because its locked in i have of course removed the screws that heldt it in place but there is also a pci lock somewhere i cant finde it :C pics 

ps its my g3-710 with a 960

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hello,

Did you unlatch the metal clip located on the bottom of the case?

See the pictures:

Spoiler
    DT-PG3-710-RGB
    France
  • caspersiig

not on mine http://imgur.com/MlS5JIc ????

but its still stuck

• laurent_14

Sorry but no picture linked in your reply.

France
  • caspersiig
  • laurent_14

Hmm.. It's not a lock?

Image_2.png

France
  • caspersiig

no i thought that to its just plastic part from gpu what should i do???

i asked tomshardware before this and they said there wasnt a lock at all but the gpu is stuck like there is so im afraid of pulling it out to hard

• laurent_14

Could you confirm the part number of your motherboard is DB.B1411.001?

Picture showing this motherboard: Link

I was wondering if the lock was not broken.

France
  • caspersiig

wo4DFIG.jpgsorry for bad lighting and opsidedown pic its 00:35 here

• laurent_14

It's the same time in France so we will continue this conversation tomorrow (same hours). Don't remove the graphic board for this moment. If I need, I request an information from an Acer technician. In waiting, could you also post a picture of the other side of the graphic board?

I wish you a good night! Smiley Happy

France
  • caspersiig

53lJhgd.jpgu8Onnsm.jpgmore like overview pictures as good as i could

• caspersiig

HldKz0R.jpgPoZBLW5.jpgwDpyZIi.jpgUJ1rffJ.jpgwith the sun shine i took more overview pics

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

indeed it's the GPU PCI locker.

need to wait Laurent_14 to know how to unlock it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • laurent_14

Hi caspersiig,

First thank you very much for all your pictures. I checked and checked again these ones and to me, there is no lock.

1. What happens if you replace the board and remove it by the opposite corner?

My opinion:

The "free" corner is still in the PCI socket so it certainly locks the board. You should try to remove it straight and not skewed.

For information, I'm also waiting an answer from an Acer technician.

France
  • caspersiig

that was what i tried first but i thought that i was bending it way to much and stopped i then just tried taking it out where it could and it was pretty easy to get the part out that is out therefore i stopped myself thinking i was going to rip it out so your advice is to try and take it out with brute force?? or should i wait for acer technician?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

oh wait, it's not a PCI locker (my fault, i haven't enlarged the image) but a "fin" on the GPU card, you just need to pull out the GPU card straight, not bending like you are doing it.

put it back and then bring the GPU card with both hands and pull upwards, not bending, just swinging a little.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • caspersiig

the "fin" wasnt the problem it didnt hit anything i just tried to do like you said putting it back in till it clicked and then tried to pull it out as strait as i could but it didnt work :c

• caspersiig

just found the problem guys the brown "fin" is holding like a little black thing that stuck to the motherboard

• caspersiig

YES YES YES GUYS THE FEELING OF RELIFE HERE IS OFF THE CHART!!! IT WAS A LITTLE BLACK THING HOLDING THE BROWN "FIN" JUST TOOK A PENSEL AND PRESSED IT BACK WHILE LIFTING THE CARD OUT UHH THE FEELING IN MY HANDS I FEEL PLESSED GOD IS SPEAKING KIND WORDS AGAIN 

on real note thanks so much guys for the late night taking really saved me right there

• laurent_14

Good news! Smiley Happy If you could post another picture showing the little black thing, it would be very interesting for the other members. Thanks in advance.

France
  • caspersiig

HldKz0R.jpgyou were kinda right with the first pic you sent