Upgraded RAM in my G3-605 and now graphic intense games crash

NCNative
NCNative Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

After looking up the exact RAM comendations for my G3-605 I upgraded it from 12 Gigs of ram to 3 Gigs of RAM to max it out. I installed Corsair Dominator PLatinum 4 x 8 gig sticks  DDR3  (1600) would need to go look up the timing 9 somethign soemthing which is what I was told was the exact  recomenation from Acer for this machine. Machine boots up and I have 0 issues until I try to play a graphic intense game.. Elder Scrolls Online crashes after a random number of minutes.. turning down graphics aulity helps lengthen how long it takes some but it still crashes. I went into Star Wards the Old Republic to see if it also would crash and i did as well.. seeing lots of graphical artifacts as it crashed. What I have noticed in both cases is audio continues but the video stops.. mashing buttons still seems to interact with the game though I can not see any video update to the button mashing.

This almost seems like a video issue.. but I upgraded RAM.. unless the additional RAM somehow is showing me an issues with the GTX 760 that did not show before. Going through the event manager now trying to find a smoking gun.. I see errors that point to video and some that point to hard disk issues.. unsure what is going on here.. maybe it is bad RAM /shrug that would be my guess since I just put it in but the symptoms seem to be other than that.

Answers

• NCNative

This is windows 8.1 fully patched latest  drivers across the board. I have tried removing and installing again the Nvidia video driver as one error pointed to potential currupted driver. I also shurnk my paging file which allowed me to play for a longer period of time than before but still crashed. I am seeing event 13 nvlddmkm errors  as well as event 7000 and 7009 Service Control Manger errors.

• NCNative

Ok cleared my logs and was waiting for it to happen again and it did.. only errors I found where in the system log and they were Vidoe related. I got 3 different NVlddmkm errros referring to Device\video4 with suchannel mismatches and other errors.. finally says video recovered but game crashed.. not sure why this is occuring now after RAM upgrade. Video card is not even close to the RAM. Any help on further trouble shooting and if the video card need to be replaced appreciated.

• NCNative

So been trouble shooting with Nvidia for bit now.. Relaoded a clean driver, modified several settings, having nothing but microsoft programs loading on start or services.. and the issues emains.. this time though the PC rebooted itself gave me an error of KMNODE_Exception_NOT_Handled which is a bit different. Usually one of the games would crash and that was it.. PC kept running no issues.

• NCNative

I ran mdsched.exe to rule out any issues with the new memory and it came back clean no issues.

• NCNative

Ok after anoter round with NVIDIA they are sending me to ACER saying they think it is a bad card. I pulled some logs off the card while testing it (playing ESO) and GPU load went to 99% and power consumption shot up followed by a crash.  Do not see a way to attach the log here and copy and paste looked like barf.

• NCNative

looks like I need to replace the video card.. now to figure out which one to replace it with.