G3610 - Issue upgrading to Creators Update

robbiegod
robbiegod Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives

Hi Acer Community - 

I have tried for the last couple of days to upgrade my ACER Predator g3610 to Windows 10 Creators Update.  I am already running Windows 10. 

When i try the update it goes through a couple of resets and then I think it is during the configuration of apps part it stops at 87% and everything stops.  The loading icon stops.  The computer is dead silent.  So, i turn it off and back on and then it reverts back.

Has anyone run into this issue and what can i do to correct it?  I'd like to update.

Answers

• djmarko413
    djmarko413 Member Posts: 1 New User

Yes, I have this issue also. I believe the G3610 is not compatible but have not been able to confirm.

• hinrichsscott
    hinrichsscott Member Posts: 8 New User
    I also have a G3610 and have been unable to upgrade to the Creator's update.  Mine won't come back on after trying to re-boot at about the 75% stage.  When I manually turn it back on it tries to complete the update but completely freezes at about 87% - just like Robbiegod's complaint.  Has anyone actually got a confirmation about this from ACER and, more importantly, has anyone found a solution?
  • ML774
    ML774 Member Posts: 6 New User
    edited January 2018
    I could not get the creator update to install either . I have been putting that update off for months but now the Microsoft wants that security update for the Intel chips it is forcing the maker update because the new security update can't install without it .I was on with Microsoft for a long time this afternoon they went in and did adjustment to my machine and they promised it would work guess what no luck they couldn't get the updates in .Now I have a machine that will not stop trying to install the updates every few hours. If there is no solution I am going to have to buy a new desktop it a shame because there is no problem with the PC other than this update . Has anyone had luck getting this installed ?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    ML774 said:
    I could not get the creator update to install either . I have been putting that update off for months but now the Microsoft wants that security update for the Intel chips it is forcing the maker update because the new security update can't install without it .I was on with Microsoft for a long time this afternoon they went in and did adjustment to my machine and they promised it would work guess what no luck they couldn't get the updates in .Now I have a machine that will not stop trying to install the updates every few hours. If there is no solution I am going to have to buy a new desktop it a shame because there is no problem with the PC other than this update . Has anyone had luck getting this installed ?

Hi,
    You have to backup your important files on an external drive, download Windows Update Assistant from Microsoft and use it to update, if you haven't tried already.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/3159635/windows-10-update-assistant
  • rybaxs
    rybaxs Member Posts: 1 New User
    What I encountered on my G3610 Win 10 Updates

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:
    • 2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4056892) - Error 0x800f080a
    • 2018-01 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4056887) - Error 0x800f080a
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4058043) - Error 0x800f080a