Does anyone know what the "GAME" button on the Predator desktop keyboard does?

Paladin
Paladin Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. Here is the information received from the Acer technician:

"It disables the Windows key so you don't accidentaly tab out of the game while playing."

France

Answers

• laurent_14

Hello,

1. What model do you own exactly?
    2. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • Paladin

Keyboard

Model SK 9627

S/N:  DKUSB1B0B7

Computer

Model AG3-710-UR14

S/N:  DGB14AA013

It was the keyboard that came packed with the Predator 3.  Along the top, above the function keys, it has a row of buttons split into two groups.  The left group is 3 volume control buttons and 1 marked "GAME".  So far as I can tell, the only thing this button does is turn on/off the light in the row of lights for the "lock" buttons (NUM, CAPS, SCR, GAME).

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. Here is the information received from the Acer technician:

"It disables the Windows key so you don't accidentaly tab out of the game while playing."

France
  • Paladin

Thank you very much, I just tried it and it also disables the Windows button outside of any game as well.  I think I'll leave it "on" so I don't accidentally hit the Windows button at other times either.

• laurent_14

Avastar.png

... and thanks to J...

France