Acer Predator G3620 stuck in ''Preparing Automatic Repair'' boot up

Wanzerty
Wanzerty Member Posts: 10 New User

Hello!

My Acer Predaor G3620 with Windows 8.1 is stuck in ''Preparing Automatic Repair'' boot up, it finds somthing and it is trying to fix it but it fails and restarts and does this again and again. I have maked a USB recovery tool but i cant find it in bios. And have tried Hiren's Boot CD but same there it dosent show up in bios.

And i dont care if i need to reset my computer becuse i dont have anything that i need to have on it. I just want it to run.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you want to reset your PC, just press ALT+F10 at boot and it will start the Acer recovery to re-install the OS from scratch.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Wanzerty

That didnt work :/ 

Its maby for Laptops? Becuse i have seen that its diffrent comands on Laptops and Desktops Smiley Tongue

• IronFly

http://youtu.be/pmVT0Z9r6_Q

ALT+F10 works on both laptops and dekstops, the only difference is the key DEL for desktops instead of F2 for laptops to enter BIOS

• Wanzerty

That dosent work :/ Tried tohold Alt and push F10 repitedly and just hold it in.

• IronFly

Difficult to access anything without an Installation disk or Repair disk/drive.

You could repeatedly try shift plus F8 at power on and you may get into Safe Mode. Meanwhile, if you have access to another machine running W8, create a recovery media.

A small USB flash drive would suffice, the files only require around 250 Mb. Type 'Recovery' at the Start Screen and choose Create a Recovery Drive from Settings.

Uncheck the box for Recovery Partition if you have little space, ie small USB flash or CD.

Once created, insert drive/disk in the failed PC and change the boot order in BIOS accordingly, USB boot or DVD/CD .
    Once booted, navigate to Advanced Options and try Recovering to an earlier date, or from the Command Prompt try sfc /scannow followed by enter

check also this video:

http://youtu.be/xyQIJZH2Fzc

remember that you need to set bios to Legacy isntead of UEFI if you want to boot from non UEFI media, disable secure boot too.

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27071/~/how-to-enable-or-disable-secure-boot

• Wanzerty

Thanks, i think this should work. Becuse now i can boot my Hirens Boot CD. Now i just need to make a USB Recovery Drive. Smiley Very Happy

• Wanzerty

No it didnt work. Shift plus F8 dint work and the recovery drive wont start :/

• IronFly

the recovery drive is an USB pen?

some USB pens are difficult to boot, i don't know that can prevent the boot but i had some issue with "no brand" USB pen.

• Wanzerty

I have an 32GB USB Pen, the brand is Transcend. But i have found out how to boot from it, now i just need a backup from another computer then i think the computer shold work.

Do you now a program that you download to a USB Pen and then boot from the Pen so you can see the Windows 8 Product Key?

If i got the product key then i cold just make a Windows installation media on a USB Pen and install that on the computer.

• IronFly

nope, i don't know.

• Wanzerty

Okey

• Wanzerty

Now i have get it so start Windows and it Windows works like before, but the fans in the computer goes on max speed the dont slow down. Do you now why?

And i have changed the BIOS settings to default.

• IronFly

missing some drivers?

check on device manager if any yellow exclamation mark is present.

• Wanzerty

It stopped after som time, but now ewery time i restart the compuer windows crashes :/ And the i need to use the recovery tool and fix it Smiley Sad

• IronFly
    If you have 2 ram sticks try to boot with one only and check if it crashes.

This issue can be bad ram sticks or HDD dying.
  • Wanzerty

Thanks, going to try that later Smiley Happy