Acer Predator G3-710 not showing 1 TB HDD

houston937
houston937 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi I just purchased this desktop: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883101538 and it says it comes with a SSD and a HDD....I can use and see the SSD but I can't find the 1 TB HDD.....I tried disk management and it's not showing at all. What do I need to do?

Thank you very much

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

if it's not showing on Disk management, the only way to know if the HDD is present...is to open the desktop case and have a look.

maybe the power cable or SATA cable went loose.

you will not void the warranty if there isn't any warranty sticker.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

if it's not showing on Disk management, the only way to know if the HDD is present...is to open the desktop case and have a look.

maybe the power cable or SATA cable went loose.

you will not void the warranty if there isn't any warranty sticker.

• ManuTheFoX
    ManuTheFoX Member Posts: 5 New User

Is it visible in BIOS ?

• houston937

Thank you very much! I found it...whew!

I opened up the case and I don't see any other hard drive besides the SSD so I started to panic and think I got a desktop without the HDD....then I noticed there are 2 semi loose cables by and next to the video card....and I pushed them back in and started up the computer and the HDD finally showed up.

I'm not computer savvy at all and this is probably a very stupid question...but is the 1 TB HDD built in with the video card? It's the GTX 1070....I ask this because I don't see any other hard drive besides the Kingston SSD where the hard drive bays are....the SSD the only hard drive there and I don't see the regular HDD but now I see the drive (ESmiley Happy in the computer.

• houston937

It wasn't before but I found the loose cables and now it is in Bios and everything is good! thanks

• IronFly

no the HDD is not on the GPU Smiley Very Happy

look at the picture, the HDD can be:

1) in the hotswap bay

2) in the middle right of your case

on-a-side-420-90.jpg

• houston937

Haha I'm such a newb....the HDD has to be where #1 is then....because #2 is the SSD.....or vice versa lol

I just thought that any hard drives has to go into the the inclosure where #2 is.

And I also have another question if you don't mind....

I took an interal hard drive from my previous desktop (It's a seagate 1.5 TB 7200rpm) and I put it in the hot swap bay in this new desktop and when I turn it on, I get the "there is an error in smart detection"....do you know how to fix that? (it would say press f1 to skip or go into bios below that message)

When I press f1 to skip and get to the desktop screen and go under my PC the drive shows up fine but I do get that "error in smart detection" message when I restart the computer, and I have no clue on what to do lol.

Thanks in advance!

• IronFly

error in SMART detection can be triggered by HDD issues, not a good sign.

can be a false positive or something serious, do a full backup if any important data is stored.

• houston937

Yeah it's weird that I get the error message...the HDD worked perfectly fine on my old desktop. At first I thought it was because I didn't format it and I have windows 7 on it....but then I did a format and the error message still shows up. I ended up taking it out as it's not worth the hassle. No big deal.