Acer Predator G3-710 motherboard info?

SanteRaptor
SanteRaptor Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives

EDIT: oh....i....im stupid...so....dont read this, okay?    im a complete *****, but im learning, so heres the  original thing---->I have a g3-710 with i5-6400 and a 970 installed. i've been considering upgrades and i am considering a fan addon because of it, but i am kinda stupid and cant undrestand motherboard port stuff. so my question is, what expansion ports does it really have, molex? 3 pin? something something?, (aka just tell the ports on the mbd). thanks.

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    • SATA 3.0: 4
      - One for DVD drive
      - One for HDD drive
      - 3 HDD bays so 2 free
    • M.2 SSD: 1 (SATA 3.0)
    • PCIe X1 3.0: 2
    • PCIe X16 3.0: 1
    France

Answers

• laurent_14

Hello,

Are you talking about a case fan?

France
  • SanteRaptor

yes

• laurent_14

You'll need this original case fan:

Spoiler
    DC.10911.005FAN.SYS.12V (SUNON - 92x92x25 - 2500RPM - PWM - 4 pin)
    I advise you to buy this one because the Smart fan module of the bios setup utility is set with these specifications.
    Socket: FANC2
    You'll be able to order/buy it from this reseller.
    France
  • SanteRaptor

ok, but as we are on this subjec,t are there any molex ports for....reuse of motherboard about 2 years to the future.

• SanteRaptor

Also this is technically customer support because that setup will also need some screens.

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓
    • SATA 3.0: 4
      - One for DVD drive
      - One for HDD drive
      - 3 HDD bays so 2 free
    • M.2 SSD: 1 (SATA 3.0)
    • PCIe X1 3.0: 2
    • PCIe X16 3.0: 1
    France
  • SanteRaptor

close enough. ill just open the beast again for more accurate stuff.

• IceCooLPT
    IceCooLPT Member Posts: 3 New User

i have the same model. is it possible to use 2 gtx970 in sli? thanks

• SanteRaptor
    Shortly said, no. Only 1 pci port.
  • Jakob
    Jakob Member Posts: 3 New User
    i also have the predator g3-710 with a 970 and a i5 6400. but i have Three screens to my computer so i need some more ram i only have a single 8 GB ram DDR4 but i need more but i don,t know who to buy. please help! bdw sorry for my bad englich.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Jakob, you should look at the one memory stick that is in your machine and match it. The specs say DDR4 1.2V 2133MHz U-DIMMs and allows you to put modules of different sizes in, so you could add 4G, 8G or 16G modules to your existing 8G. Maximum memory is 4 16G modules for 64G.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Vilza
    Vilza Member Posts: 7 New User
    I have the same i5-6400 gtx970 model I've thought upgrading the i5-6400 to i7-7700 and gtx 1080ti should i get worried about the 500w power supply and is the motherboard compatible with 1080ti and i7-7700 does it have LGA1151
  • billsey
    You should be able to go with an i7-6700K, but I believe the 7700 is a different architecture (Kaby Lake instead of Skylake). You'll want to look at beefing up the cooling, the 6400 is a 65W chip, the 6700 a 91W. The 1080ti should work and 500W should be good but if not a power supply upgrade is pretty simple.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Flangeclamp
    Flangeclamp Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi all, I have the same G3-710 with i5 6400 2.7Ghz as above but I've damaged the PCIe slot while trying to upgrade the graphics card, can anyone advise on how I go about sourcing a replacement for the motherboard now that this one is out of warranty please?

• billsey
    I've found both eBay and Amazon tend to have either new or used ones.