Acer Predator G3-710 Reset Error: There was a problem resetting your pc.

AlvsPre
AlvsPre Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello everyone!
Yesterday i tried to do a full reset. Everything went fine untill around 33% were it got stuck for 2 to 3 hours, after that i got the following error: "There was a problem resetting your pc" "Nothing was changed" after that it just starts to install the OS with the pc restarting multiple times till i'm at the desktop. I tried to reset again with alt+f10 but with no succes. Sometimes the process stops at around 5-7% and then get the error, the longest it got without the error is still 33%. My pc didn't come with an installation cd or dvd but had no problem doing a factory reset before until now. I've been looking for solutions using google but with no succes. I tried sfc/scannow and no corrupted or missing files were found, i did it again in safe mode just to be sure and i got the following message "Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation" after it hit 100%. Not sure what that means. I have no idea how to fix this problem. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

i would try a clean installation, create an USB bootable installation media, wipe the SSD/HDD and re-install windows 10 from scratch.

(you will loose all your personal data)

click on Download tool, let the tool download the windows 10 installation files and create the USB installation media.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

once done, plug it to your G3, boot from the USB flash drive, choose to custom install windows, delete any partition and then let it install.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

i would try a clean installation, create an USB bootable installation media, wipe the SSD/HDD and re-install windows 10 from scratch.

(you will loose all your personal data)

click on Download tool, let the tool download the windows 10 installation files and create the USB installation media.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

once done, plug it to your G3, boot from the USB flash drive, choose to custom install windows, delete any partition and then let it install.

• AlvsPre

I've never done a clean installation with a USB before, so i'm not that confident but ill try. I've got some questions about the clean installation if you dodn't mind as i'm ignorant about such things.

1) Do i need to do anything with the BIO's or drivers when i clean install? because my predator came with win10 preinstalled and i'm not sure if any setting will change after the clean install.

2) Will the clean install also remove all apps and programs that came with my G3 preinstalled from the store? like for example soundblaster cinema 2? or will that completely get deleted with the new win10 clean install

3) If understand it correctly, will i get the option to delete the partition after i've bootet from the USB flash drive or do i need to do it manually before i've bootet with the USB flash drive?

4) This may sound silly but will i still keep the Predator Logo during boot time after the windows 10 clean installation?

• IronFly

1) no, you don't need to change anything on BIOS, about drivers, windows 10 will automatically install most of them, if not you can always download from Acer support website:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6373?b=1

2) a clean install means that all the content will be delete, so you will loose everything.

about soundblaster cinema 2, you will need to find it from third party websites.

3) yes

4) Prefadator logo is BIOS embedded

by the way, if you want the original installation, you can buy from Acer the original USB recovery flash drive, you need to contact your regional Acer support service:

https://www.acer.com/ac/nl/BE/content/service-contact

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

It might be too late, but it can't hurt to try to create a USB factory default recovery drive.  After you create the factory recovery drive, then try to reset you PC to factory condition using the recovery drive.

You'll need to go in to BIOS settings and enable the F12 boot menu.....and then boot the USB recovery drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfKn87nk0F4&t=3s

• AlvsPre
    I still haven't done a clean installion since i was waiting for Ironfly's reply. I could give your suggestion a try and hope that it works. I assume that this process is similarly to a clean installation? I've got a 120gb SSD and a 931gb HDD which is empty. Do i need to delete them both or just the SSD considering that the HDD is empty? Since i would like them to be both separate just like it came when i first bought the pc after i've done the the reset with the factory drive.

My apologies if all these ignorant questions of mine come off as annoying. I'm not very good with pc hardware :/
  • IronFly

just the SSD.